Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in Civ4. Just the facts, ma'am! (2nd edition)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the new IGN Preview posted (following the Caudrill interview, not the interview in itself), I'm thinking this thread needs an update
    «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

It's gotten a bit lost in all the other discussion, but I *am* working on an update:

Originally posted by Locutus
      In case anyone is wondering why I haven't updated yet, it's because I've begun to completely rewrite the opening posts. No new info has come out all day and we already got a lot, so I don't expect much more to be released during E3. But while the expo is still running, the E3 thread started by Sn00py gives a good overview of all the new info, so until I'm done please check that if you want to know what to know more. Hopefully I will be done processing all that info and rewriting this thread in a few days time. You can get sort of a 'sneak-peak' of what's I'm trying to do here: lots of tables, lots of piccies...
      'Unfortunately' one of the local football teams won the First Division championship this weekend, so I have been a bit preocuppied in the last few days

I hope to have the new version up in a few days.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Just in case this hasn't been posted here yet, the following link contains a video of a Demo Sorenson did at E3.

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.
        The stupid shall be punished.
        www.akulla3D.com
        ^^^
        "Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Yes, as you can read here, we do not only already know about that video, we also made a full transcript and a whole bunch of screencaps and got loads of new info from it as well (and in the new version of this thread I linked to above, I already included a good number of screencaps and new info from that video as well -- something which I'm continuing to expand upon as I'm working on it).

Comment

Chalk up Axeman on the unit list. At least, that's what it looks like from the video. The image on the left is the one straight from a Gamespot video, the one on the right is the same picture with a sharpen filter applied, for added sharpness.
            Attached Files
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

And I suppose we already knew The Oracle would be in the game again.
              Attached Files
              Spore page

Comment

But how about the Taoist Temple?
                Attached Files
                Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                  Chalk up Axeman on the unit list. At least, that's what it looks like from the video. The image on the left is the one straight from a Gamespot video, the one on the right is the same picture with a sharpen filter applied, for added sharpness.
                  Already had that one. And I got a few other unit/building/wonder/tech/promotions/cities/leaders names from the video as well (but I haven't posted most of those here yet). But thanks for the heads-up

Edit: had the Parthenon and (Religionist) Temple as well, but keep 'm coming, you never know if I missed one...

Comment

Some items...

Considering the massive cultural impact of the Greeks, I would consider it unwise of Firaxis not to include them while adding such civs as the Malinese.

I would think that out of the list, the Incans are the most likely to be dropped (though I think the Mayans should be the token Mesoamerican Civ, not the Aztecs).

And Daoism is an affirmed religion, I read it earlier today.

Christianity
                    Islam
                    Judaism
                    Buddhism
                    Daoism
                    Hinduism
                    Zoroastrianism? (Not sure)
                    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Re: Some items...

Originally posted by Alexander01
                      Zoroastrianism? (Not sure)
                      Most likely either Confucianism or Shintoism, as we found out in the E3 thread.

Comment

Greece

IGN.com has a concept art image of a Greek hoplite/phalanx unit. Maybe they'll just have a phalanx, like in Civ2, but I think that might be evidence of a Greek civ.

Just a thought.
                        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

That's actually a regular Spearman, it has featured in quite a few screenshots already and its name has been seen onscreen.

Comment

Good work, Locutus!

City flipping from Civ3 has been removed from the game entirely.

Interesting decision. I know some people will be pleased - like the bloke whose name rhymed with 'Oracle'.

Comment

so wait. have they finally converted to a spherical map?
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                                so wait. have they finally converted to a spherical map?
                                Not really. I think it is just a trick they play with graphics, maybe adding polar caps that are not accessible to the player. The other views seem pretty rectangular, and the minimap definately is...
                                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
                                X