Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in Civ4. Just the facts, ma'am! (2nd edition)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Locutus
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    Add mine applause for a job really well done.
    Originally posted by Locutus
    It *is* a website. I figured maybe Markos and Dan are interested once the Civ4 section is up...
    I think that Firaxis itself should be ask your permission to use your excellent fact list, pass it to someone inside the team just to clean away any early mistake, and publish it on its site as a "teaser" for the game.

Or at least Markos and Dan should find it the place it deserve, into a proper Civ IV Apolyton Site branch, and let Civ III area to fade away to the background.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriqvium
      Talking about the Greeks, these fearsome chaps in an IGN screenshot look a lot like them:

Either the number of civs given by Firaxis is incorrect (highly improbable), someone else is using Greek units and their Civ3 color, the Babylonian flag (and Agade) belong to some other Civ or there's something fishy going on...

Again, they could be also Aztecs judging by the Aztec-y emblem on their flag, but this still leaves the mystery of a Greek hoplite in the concept art unsolved.
      Sadly, I think they've already established that that unit is just the standard spearmen, and not a Greek Hoplite/Phalanx. Unfortunate.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• That CIV-Anon trailer is a classic bit of marketing...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• You're not kidding. It's one of my new favorites.
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriqvium
            Talking about the Greeks, these fearsome chaps in an IGN screenshot look a lot like them:

Either the number of civs given by Firaxis is incorrect (highly improbable), someone else is using Greek units and their Civ3 color, the Babylonian flag (and Agade) belong to some other Civ or there's something fishy going on...

Again, they could be also Aztecs judging by the Aztec-y emblem on their flag, but this still leaves the mystery of a Greek hoplite in the concept art unsolved.
            Unfortunately that's by no means conclusive proof the Greeks are in (as Alex said, the unit is a regular Spearman so that just leaves the colour). That said, anyone want to speculate on what this flag is? Is it Aztec?

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Looks like the Aztec calendar to me.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Looks like a face in the centre, could be Euro-Greecian or Meso-American...

The mystery will be answered in time, I am sure!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• It's definitely the Aztec Calendar.

See this attached image:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That thing in the flag is most definitely the Aztec calendar . I'm surprised it wasn't recognized at once :P.

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• New information in it

One of six new screenshots has Confucianism in it.

helicopter gunship is a unit

Comment

• Confucianism is in. Demands to convert to a religion are possible. Release date is Winter 2005. The Oracle is still in. Elephants are in .

Comment

• This is all good news. I wonder if Elephants are Indian civ-specific or available to all...

Comment

• They seem a resource, not a unit. Probably the Ivory resource.

Comment

• Maybe accessing the ivory resource also allows usage of War Elephants...

Like Iron or Saltpeter...

Comment

• Oh Lucutus, when doing an (large) update of the OP, wouldn't it be better to start a new thread and lock the old one?
                                As it stands we have a mix of both old and new info, which is confusing, especially to those that don't frequent the forum on a daily basis ( Yes, they do exist )
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X