Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in Civ4. Just the facts, ma'am! (2nd edition)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xorbon
    All things considered, Civ 3 turned out to be a pretty good game...at least once C3C came out. It only took a couple more years after the release of the original game to finally get a good product!
    ALL HAIL SOREN!!

(as to the world mapping thing, I guess this would be called 'rough cylindrical', although if anybody has a better name for it, go at it)
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Unless there's info I haven't seen, it's pure cylindrical- just like Civ1. The difference is in the graphical view, but is just as good for gameplay as iso cylindrical...
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• I guess that's good news. The screenshots simply left me with the impression that the map is spherical. I am happy to hear that it is not the case, since as nice as it would be for world maps, it would make many scenarios non-viable.
        Rome rules

Comment

• All maps were not sylindical in the previous civs either, since you could use the flat world option, so I guess you will also remove the round world view in Civ4 for flat maps.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Logically, we'd have to worry if that map on the globe wasn't spherical.

If I remember correctly, CIV2 had an option you had to make a spherical globe and if you unchecked it you could make it a «map».
            «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Locutus, I luv u.
              Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

• I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The bad news is: I'm shutting down this thread as of right now

The good news is, it lives on as part of Apolyton's official Civ4 coverage!

See http://civilization4.net/ -- currently still 'in beta' but the info from this thread including full Civilopedia with loads of new info can be found there.

If you have any comments regarding layout/design/concept/whatever, please post them here. If you have any comments regarding the actual Civ4 pre-release information itself (e.g. new facts you dscovered, comments on existing facts, etc), you can continue to do so here for now. I'll probably create a new thread for that in a few days though...

I'd like to thank Markos and Dan for making this possible, and Solver and V. Soma for helping me with the Advances section of the Civilopedia.
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Thanks for keeping us up-to-date here, Locutus.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Change your mind, Locutus?
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• So, IIUC you'll continue over at the Civ4 section with this then? In other words, this thread is shut down, but not it's content?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Yes, in fact, it's already there, including lots of new stuff in the Civilopedia. Check it out!

civilization4.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, civilization4.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                          Change your mind, Locutus?
                          This thread will stay open for a little while longer...

Comment

• And of course the new Civ4 section is going to be constantly updated - with all the new info about the game as well as other things .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                              Yes, in fact, it's already there, including lots of new stuff in the Civilopedia. Check it out!

http://civilization4.net/3/74/
                              Will do.

BTW, is there an easy way to find out what is updated, like with this thread?
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Yes, I plan on starting a new thread for it, but not while we're 'in beta'...

Comment

Working...
                                X