This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not?
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

those multi-maps were just a hindrance to the flow of gameplay, IMO.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Ditto, Boris Godunov
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

It's been a while since I visited these boards, and it begins with good news.
          Hope it'll have wonder-movies. I really liked the wonder-movies.
          A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

Hey I can get it my senior christmas!! Hey Im to impatitant for that I cant wait that long GRRRRR :dointnow: !!! Well this was actually much sonne then I expected. well I said it before it was more a matter of when then if.
            Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

As I posted in a thread at Civ3-General, Gamespot confirmed that Civ IV is on its way... it's official now, boys.

Civilization IV confirmed

Firaxis attributes devoted fans and sales of Civ III: Conquests as tipping points.

One of PC gaming's most revered franchises is back--or at least, on the way.

Responding to reports that Firaxis is not only deep into development of Pirates 2, but also prepping the next installment in its Civilization franchise. A Firaxis spokesperson confirmed to GameSpot today that, "We are in the early planning stages of Civilization IV ... truly the very beginning stages."

The spokesperson pointed to high sales of the Civilization III expansion pack, Conquests, and interest noted among fan sites as being the primary reasons behind the studio's decision to go another round with the Civ franchise. "Based on sales of Civ III: Conquests, clearly, people continue to want more Civilization. As long as people continue to want more, we'll deliver."

By Curt Feldman, GameSpot (POSTED: 12/08/03 12:56 PM)

Comment

it's official now
                you mean that our own news posting wasnt enough???
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It's encouraging that they're in such early stages, because it means we can still hope to influence the game.

So, MargG... when can we expect a Civ 4 Forum?

Comment

Sigh, here we go again...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Fosse
                      It's encouraging that they're in such early stages, because it means we can still hope to influence the game.

BTW, 'very beginning stages' probably means a 2006 release.
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        it's official now
                        you mean that our own news posting wasnt enough???
                        hehe, far from it... the point is, when you have more than one source reporting the same thing, there is a good probability that thing is true... Pure induction.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                          Hope we are not being premature.

I'd like to see Master of Magic 2 and a new X-Com title (I believe Sid has the license for both).
                          CivIV... I wish I could say I can't wait, but the sad fact is, I can. Maybe I hyped myself up too much for CivIII. I even bought the tin for double the price of the standard edition. No amount of brushing has removed the bad taste from my mouth. I seem to have failed to buy either expansion.

As for X-Com, I was a devoted fan from UFO Enemy Unknown up to Apocalypse. It just got silly from then on. There was the promise of X-Com Genesis, but that never materialised.

My future prediction is: expect rushed, half finished franchise milkers, not innovation.
                          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

BTW, 'very beginning stages' probably means a 2006 release.
                            I agree, and I'm glad with that, too. I'd much rather see them take as long as possible. With the upcoming C3C patch, possibly one more after that, I can easily see myself waiting till 2006.

So, MargG... when can we expect a Civ 4 Forum?
                            I hope soon, so we can get things rolling on all the ideas.
                            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Hey, what's this talk about Pirates II? That was one of my favorite games for Amiga, and also for my Mac Powerbook 100 until I aquired Civ1. Hey, that must have been 12-15 years ago.

Will Pirates II be covered by 'Poly? It's a strategy game originally designed by Sid after all...
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                                Hey, what's this talk about Pirates II? That was one of my favorite games for Amiga, and also for my Mac Powerbook 100 until I aquired Civ1. Hey, that must have been 12-15 years ago.

Will Pirates II be covered by 'Poly? It's a strategy game originally designed by Sid after all...
                                Question has already been asked and answered......with a no!

Asmodean
                                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                                X