Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more reason to party hard this weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
      I think he was joking Nikolai

Asmodean
      You're probably right. I have had much to do today, so I didn't read it all good enough I guess.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

so they're finally releasing Civ2.75 About time

Comment

I have a feeling Civ4 will use the same 3D engine they licensed for pirates 2. We'll finally get 3D terran and maybe a nice dynamic 3D city view.

I know, these are peanuts, but nice additions, especially the city view. I've always wanted a more dynamic city view that reflects the uniqueness of each city, and subtleties of changes throughout the ages. Imagine watching your captial city in 3D with smoke emerging from the temples, the sun the background, and the palace off in the distance. And with each era, the buildings change etc.

I think even the bare minimum 3D card these days can do images like that.
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Yeah! Amazing!

Celebration!

(See- to all you people who said, after I started making those lists for Civ IV suggestions the month after Civ III was released- IT WILL COME!)
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I'm looking forward to what Civilization IV will have to offer.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

they are giving Xmas presents early this year.
                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

They will have to do a major overhaul for it to be a success.

They said they were interested in Massively Multiplayer, maybe they will go 3D and have it as an MM game.

Sony was working on something similar, I think it was called Imperial or something...
                  be free

Comment

having the multiplayer sort of work liek the diablo multiplayer or nwn multiplayer might be something to think about

like have servers set up to play multiplayer on, where you can come in and out without too much hassle (and there are always peopel to play with)

and also being able to play on your home lan

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Civ 2 lasted about 8 years before Civ 3. Civ 3 seemingly will last only about 3 years before Civ 4. Is this an indictment of Civ 3? I'm thinking it is. Discuss....
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                        They will have to do a major overhaul for it to be a success.

They said they were interested in Massively Multiplayer, maybe they will go 3D and have it as an MM game.

Sony was working on something similar, I think it was called Imperial or something...
                        How could they do it Massively Multiplayer? A Gigantic 10,000x10,000 Map with 1000 Civs? You'd need a Pentium 20 server to run that.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                          Civ 2 lasted about 8 years before Civ 3. Civ 3 seemingly will last only about 3 years before Civ 4. Is this an indictment of Civ 3? I'm thinking it is. Discuss....
                          civ3 was delayed due to microprose (who had the name rights) not having any good people(sid, brian and co) and/or resources to do it. smac with earth graphics(more or less, you get the idea) would be civ3 if the firaxians were still on mps

beyond that, notice that there is still no official announcement. pirates is already announced and coming in 2004. i'm thinking at least 2005 for civ4
                          civ3 was released in 2001 so that's 4 years, a pretty normal amount of time between sequels
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                            Civ 2: Release 1996

Civ 3: Release 2001

8 years...I don't think so

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Nah, not too great news. Apparently this smells like an attempt to make dosh quicker than previously with Civ. The average cycle between new titles has been 5 years. Now they seem to be cutting down on the unwritten tradition of "one new Civ every 5 years." Annoucing Civ IV in 2003 would mean a release sometime in 2005 most likely. Not in 2006 or so. One can only wonder if Firaxis is trying to become the new MicroProse with all these Civ III expansions and the rapid decision to make Civ IV. I myself don't wait for Civ IV yet. Civ II is still so sweet cuddly, while Civ III is also a good one to play.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

i would have been more excited about smac2
                                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                                X