X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Civilization IV"... Confirmed?

From the related news item in Apolyton's 'Miscellaneous' section:

In an interview with GameDaily, Firaxis Games President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Briggs seemingly confirmed that one of the three titles being worked on at the gaming developer is Civilization IV. [..]

This is the first known word of any kind from any representative of Firaxis or Civ series publisher and franchise owner Atari confirming a CivIV is in the works. The latest title in the Civilization series, Conquests -- the second expansion pack for Civilization III -- was commercially released last month.
    -----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

YOWZAAAAH!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

WHEEE!!!! Each one takes another 2 hours off of my normal amount of daily sleep.

Here's hoping one of the other projects is 'Sid Meier's Colonization II', as well.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

outstanding.

!!!!!

Comment

Told ya so...

Time to set my Civ alarm clock for 2 years.

Comment

Woah... I wonder how it will go.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
              Also, don't you think that one should move this to a more prominent forum? While this forum is appropriate, for news such as this....One of the least visited forums isn't very respectful to a glorious but 1/3 dead series
              News item, forum announcement, "Today on Apolyton" headline (horizontal bar atop forum pages), link from Apolyton homepage, this thread topped within this forum...

Word will spread.

-----------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

so do you guys think we should cover it?
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Here's hoping one of the other projects is 'Sid Meier's Colonization II', as well.
                  DITTO!
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Hope we are not being premature.

I'd like to see Master of Magic 2 and a new X-Com title (I believe Sid has the license for both).
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Whoah, nice.

If they can make it as fun as C3C I'll be set.

Comment

Brilliant

Details !!!!!! details !!!!!!! details !!!!!!
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hey, this is great news

My hopes for other titles in developement:

Sid Meier's Colonization II
                            Master of Magic II
                            Sid Meier's Dinosaurs

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

HeHe...I just posted a thread in CFC about this. They didn't even have the news yet

Go 'Poly

Asmodean
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                              X