X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vee4473
    i would have been more excited about smac2
    are you nuts? only Brian Reynolds should be allowed to touch that gem...

CTRL-Cing & CTRL-Ving what I said in another (similar) thread, I'd say that ... it seemed obvious that they would work on a new civ game, apparently civ3 sold millions of copies and they will not put all their money on Pirates!, which may or may not sell...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
      The average cycle between new titles has been 5 years. Now they seem to be cutting down on the unwritten tradition of "one new Civ every 5 years." Annoucing Civ IV in 2003 would mean a release sometime in 2005 most likely. Not in 2006 or so.
      Perhaps not. This doesn't seem to be an official announcement. what it says is "apparently confirmed". I've been screwed before by apparent confirmations from Firaxis, such as their apparent promise of engineers in Civ3. I would be interested in what was actually said to make this apparent confirmation.

even so, if they don't officially announce Civ4 until 2004 (almost here), that still makes a 2006 release quite reasonable to expect. seems like I waited longer for Civ3, although that was partly because Brian Reynolds left and they threw out everything of his and started over.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

They'd have to do some serious re-inventing to attract me back. Truth is, I almost see Civ as the space invaders of strategy.

Comment

I would only buy it if it included the features that were in SMAC, but were left out of Civ3.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex

are you nuts? only Brian Reynolds should be allowed to touch that gem...
            I didn't say who i wanted to make it did i?
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Interesting. But I'll wait and see.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It's probably a typo or something

The trick now is to get the word out across the world as much as possible, that could force Firaxis into actually considering a Civ4, that is, if they really aren't doing a civ4
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  smac with earth graphics(more or less, you get the idea) would be civ3 if the firaxians were still on mps
                  If only!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

oh the joy...
                    Devout Believer of the Invisible Pink unicorn

Comment

well i for one will not get it as soon as it comes out. maybe i will wait till the 2nd expansion pack comes out.

i have lernt my lesson from Civ3 and Moo3.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                        Civ 2 lasted about 8 years before Civ 3. Civ 3 seemingly will last only about 3 years before Civ 4. Is this an indictment of Civ 3? I'm thinking it is. Discuss....
                        No. There is money to be made. Why wait an additional 5 years. Plus, I wonder how much of the legal environment affected the delay of a Civ3 re: rights to the Civilization series. Wasn't there an issue here regarding Microprose and Sid?
                        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Yes. Sid was the one with the original idea and production, but he worked for Microprose. So the question was: Who is the owner?
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                            Yes. Sid was the one with the original idea and production, but he worked for Microprose. So the question was: Who is the owner?
                            Sid is the owner now, but bewtween Civ2 and Civ3, he was technically the designer since Microprose held the rights.
                            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Civilization IV!

Wow... just... wow. I hope to see the return of the Multi-Maps feature from Test of Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel E
                                I hope to see the return of the Multi-Maps feature from Test of Time.
                                I hope not.
                                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X