Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. Of course, I will give Civ4 one opportunity (or two ).

I thnik C3C, even when add some goods to the game, is not better than PtW (IMHO). So, when I saw the ppt, and it makes me live my advertising times again, I feel a little scared.

I like 3D, of course. But I like Civ as an strategy game more than 3D. I understand, the graphics are what sell for now, but if the 3D is the only good to add to Civ3, well, I don't see the reason to buy Civ4.

And if Civ4 becames a less strategy game than Civ3. If it becames a "simpler" game, well, maybe I continue playing old games
    Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

• Ok, if they add 3D it won't enhance the game system in any particular way, a 3D battleview only would be a nice litte enhancement, even an enhancement over CTP. But if it's complex 3D fancy pancy stuff with lighting, lots of objects being rendered, shades, and loads of kiddo stuff flashing around it could mean a problem and cause "buggy" gameplay and crappy design. On the other hand 3D effects can be used the same way as in certain RTS games, where panning, rotating, scaling and such simple 3D routines are supported. If it's just a simple 3D map it's no problem...
      Last edited by ThePlagueRat; October 23, 2004, 11:24.
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

• I do NOT like the idea of implementing 3D aspects into Civilization IV.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Change is good. I've been tired of Civ 2 since 1998. I am currently tired of Civ 3 (I've been playing Victoria). So yes, give me something new.

Glad to see Soren is on the case. The Sid is dead, long live the Soren!

Oh, and someone tell Soren that the whole workers system is unfun legacy, please.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

• Originally posted by The Templar
            Change is good. I've been tired of Civ 2 since 1998. I am currently tired of Civ 3 (I've been playing Victoria). So yes, give me something new.
            I'm starting to have the same feeling. Still playing civ3 but longing for something new....

I also agree that the current worker system is not 'optimal'... (I will not restart the debate since it has been discussed already many times )

Comment

• I'm a little tired too. But what's the meaning of "something new"?

Something new can be Wolfenstein or Hearts of Iron . Or maybe Civ4 like the Atari version of Rise of Nations.

I want something new, but still civ. 3D? OK. Better graphics? OK. But Civ RTS NO!.
              Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

• Soren has announced at CFC that CIV will still be turn-based and tile-based, so you don't have to worry about it becoming an RTS game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
                  Soren has announced at CFC that CIV will still be turn-based and tile-based, so you don't have to worry about it becoming an RTS game.

I would have assumed that, but it's good to hear anyway...
                  An RTS would have entirely broken with the civ-concept.

Oh, and now it's time for you to tell about your connections with Paradox and with Firaxis. What you do for them? I have been waiting some days now...

Comment

• Haha, sorry, maybe in a few months.

Comment

• Why, is it such a big secret?

Comment

• No need to get upset...

I was just a Conquests and a HOI beta, so I was for quite a bit of time working alongside them. I also saw first-hand how hard each of the groups work to make the best games they can, and hold tremendous respect for both of them.

Comment

• Heh, you were just looking at my avatar and you thought I was upset.
                          That's understandable. Ok, I'm not upset... just very curious. How do you become a beta then?

You see, I applied to HOI2 but there were so many applicants so they had to pick just a few new ones and use most of the old betas, and I was not so lucky I guess. What did you do to make it in ?

Comment

• He got REALLY REALLY annoying, so they were forced to allow him in the beta team.

be free

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
                              I would have assumed that, but it's good to hear anyway...
                              An RTS would have entirely broken with the civ-concept.
                              Actually, Civ1 was originally supposed to be an RTS game IIRC that idea was abandoned because the AI couldn't keep up (not that it was much better in TBS )

(Yes, I'm glad CIV will be TBS as well)
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
                                Heh, you were just looking at my avatar and you thought I was upset.
                                That's understandable. Ok, I'm not upset... just very curious. How do you become a beta then?

You see, I applied to HOI2 but there were so many applicants so they had to pick just a few new ones and use most of the old betas, and I was not so lucky I guess. What did you do to make it in ?
                                Mostly because of my mod work. I created an AI mod called "Tripped Out" back when Bolt was around (man that was a long time ago!). Back before CORE and Stoney Road and all those mods, there was the Bolted Mod and Tripped Out. Because I worked so hard on that and did a good job I was invited on to the beta program. I got too busy so I didn't apply for HOI2.

Originally posted by Sn00py
                                He got REALLY REALLY annoying, so they were forced to allow him in the beta team.

What can I say, I'm a spoiled brat.

Comment

Working...
                                X