Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, what if they at least tell us that we'll hear more on civIV on jan 2005............

SOMETHING!

Did anybody e-mail firaxis recently on this issue?
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• All I was doing was mapping the world. And then these bellicose people acted strangely. I do not think there is much information on the next CIV.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
        It takes about 4 years for every civ game to be released

Civ I 1992
        Civ II 1996
        Civ III 2001
        Civ IV 2005
        Dang, is Civ3 that old allready... , how time flies...
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• hmmm... that makes me realize how old I am...
          Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
          So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
          rocking on everest

Comment

• Does anyone remember Sid Meiers Pirates, If so I would like to see that title remade with all of the new technology of todays computers. But Civ IV would be a great addition to the video game library as well. Has there even been a new Pirates other than Pirates Gold edition 10 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by CapStalker
              Does anyone remember Sid Meiers Pirates, If so I would like to see that title remade with all of the new technology of todays computers. But Civ IV would be a great addition to the video game library as well. Has there even been a new Pirates other than Pirates Gold edition 10 years ago.

Yes, there is a Pirates 2 coming out.

Comment

• It's such a waste to spend time to renew games that might have been nice in those days, but are in fact more a desire for nostalgical reasons.

Spend every hour and every buck on cIV and I'll be a happy man. I'll most obviously buy the game and 2 or 3 expansion packs. Suck every dime out of me Firaxis
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
                  I think it will be Jan 05 before we hear anything about Civ 4.
                  It takes time to create a new Civ game. A release in Q1/2006 is already difficult. To my knowledge they haven't started/decided yet and it is already July 2004 so....

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                    It takes about 4 years for every civ game to be released

Civ I 1992
                    Civ II 1996
                    Civ III 2001
                    Civ IV 2005
                    What about other Firaxis games?
                    Surely they didn't spend 5 years simply adding new graphics to CivII...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lambiorix_be

It takes time to create a new Civ game. A release in Q1/2006 is already difficult. To my knowledge they haven't started/decided yet and it is already July 2004 so....
                      Computer Gaming World still has it 2005 in release game section. I just think it will be around Nov 05, just like Civ 3 was release in Nov of 01.

Comment

• If they're planning to reliease it in 2005,
                        it will probably be around the first day of April.

Comment

• Does anyone know when they actually started to make cIV?

Comment

• Was originally started by Microprose IIRC, then later taken over by Firaxis.
                            I'm not sure of the dates though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                              Does anyone know when they actually started to make cIV?
                              IV? Earlier this year I think.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• So that means it's still in development, and has lots of room for improvements.

Comment

Working...
                                X