No announcement yet.

February 28?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If xmas date is no better than another date, why do the companies break their butts trying to reach it?
    It is well understood that impulse sales will be lost if you are not offering your product during this season.
    Shoppers will be in stores like EB that they will not be in at any other time of the year. Other venues such as Walmart will be selling games to people that will not be buying them at other times. This is why they care about making this time frame.

Comment

vmxa: Grummie said that given that they missed x-mas, any date is as good as any other. You don't have a disagreement over this issue.

"The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

given that they missed x-mas, any date is as good as any other. You don't have a disagreement over this issue.
        you'll find plenty of disagreement for such a statement on the official moo3 boards.
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
          vmxa: Grummie said that given that they missed x-mas, any date is as good as any other. You don't have a disagreement over this issue.

My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

you'll find plenty of disagreement for such a statement on the official moo3 boards.
            "luckily" I can't get an acceptable response speed on those boards so I stay here. I can just imagine how each rumor of another week or two delay has been received. Personally I've found other games to play so "we will release when it's playable" is a pain but acceptable to me. Better than having an unstable or buggy game on my harddrive and pleading for another patch, like certain products on other Apolyton forums
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

This release date 28 february reminds me of last yeasr HOMM4, which was delayed till march in similar fashion as MOO3.

I just hope MOO3 won't suck like HOMM4 did.

Comment

I just fired up the old MoO2 instantly went into OMT-Mode and all I have to say:
                if it turns out to be as good I will be playing it for Years to come so no need to hurry.
                Have it done right test it, stabilize it, MP it, bring a game I dont need to patch to get it working and I'll wait for it.

But please.. dont let me get MoO3 and DN4ever on the same day :=)
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                  Better than having an unstable or buggy game on my harddrive and pleading for another patch, like certain products on other Apolyton forums
                  Yes, nothing is worse than having a product and still having to wait for it to be released.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That's signature material right there, SB!
                    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

DNF will not collide with Moo3 and may be vaporware. It puts one in mind of a game from Ion Storm, finally came out but was DOA.

Comment

I went to go look at the official MOO3 web site.

As of 12-17-02,

Best Buy - 1-12-03

CompUSA - 12-19-02

Wall Mart - 02-05-03

Amazon - 01-07-03

GameStop - 01-15-03

EB Games - 01-14-03

Sam Goody - 11-26-02

I perfer the date from Sam Goody, wish I could get into their universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          You know, I keep hearing over and over about the difficulties of preparing a game for both single and multiple players. Maybe the industry should put their heads together and decide that they simply won't try to offer both in one package. It would not bother me one bit if evferyone who wanted to play on the internet had to go out and plunk down an extra charge to buy th multi-player expansion pack.
                          Don't you mean the Singleplayer expansion?

Comment

We're waiting on final bugfix regression testing. As soon as that is given the go by IG QA, then it goes gold, and we're out. Everyone on this side (Quicksilver and IG is really surprised that we have not gone gold.) Historically, when a game is in shakier shape than MOO3 is now publishers traditionally push it out the door wanting the short term fix, vs. the long-term investment of having customers who don't have to patch. It's so rare as to be almost unheard of, but IG is that commited to MOO3, and the future of the Microprose franchises.

Do we want it out already? Hell yeah. I want to play folks in MP as well as enjoying the silence on the message boards as folks are too busy *playing* to post. Is the extra time a good thing, of course it is. Will it be coming out Feb 28th? Personally I will be completely shocked to the point of a heart attack dropping me dead if it takes that long to come out. I really cannot stress how close we are here, and how frustrating it is, waiting to get the thumbsup to throw the 'gold' switch.
                            Rantz Hoseley
                            Art Director
                            Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Well, do what you have to Rantz. I`ve completely turned around on my opinion about waiting for the game to come out, just thinking of some other half-done games I`ve played. Kudos to you and I hope we get a really solid product for this little inconvience.

Comment

Sounds good to me, thanks for the update and ignore the bashes that are sure to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X