No announcement yet.

Society VII: Resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to try and make a spreadsheet.
    "

Comment

• You're welcome to try EPW, but I fear the task will soon become unsurmountably difficult. It would defintely be good though if it worked.

I really have high hopes for my program- Sparrowhawk saw an old version of it- if it works it would make the job of GMing amazingly easy. Do any of you guys know coding in Delphi or TurboPascal? Maybe you could help debug it if you knew about that?
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Sent.

And btw before anyone makes a new spreadsheet we should refine the rules.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• More specifically:

0. Revolutions are completed in 0. phase.

1. Spies aren't revealed who they're from, unless caught by defense or by mutual spying. Spied nation can treat as DoW, and attack all cities next turn.

2. Trade not available until tech 3, since earlier caravans wouldn't yield profit anyway. Payout from other civs received in tax phase, making this portion of trade immune to spying, but maybe subject to 1/2 taxes during revolt?

4. Foreign aid armies formula:
          armies received= armies sent*(ST/RT)
          ST=sender tech
          RT=receiver tech

So that a low tech nation can't ally with a high tech civ and buy the armies for the high tech nation. The idea is that the low tech armies fight as a % of the high tech army, and the high tech ones count as more than 1 army of the low tech nation.

Do we want to keep 1/2 taxation? There's some strategic decisions involved in timing revolutions, but the 1/2 has been a pain for the GM.

Should spies sent at each other counter each other, or should they both go through? So far this game I've sent out spies b/c against 1 player it effectively defends your entire turn. Also I would like defensive spies to stop more than 1 attacking spy, perhaps 2 would be better... it would give civs facing more than 1 opponent a fighting chance.

When spies sabotage, you lose all your money in that phase (it's been assumed, I see no rule). But if you lose a gamble on wonder building you get all your money back. I would propose that in both cases you get back only 1/2.

Should tech cost calcs go by initial # of players, or should they change as players are eliminated?

Army disbanding: I propose a change in that player loses 1/2 of army they'd normally lose, per turn, until cost< income. The other 1/2 cannot attack next turn and can only defend.

SDI should cost more, b/c they survive turn to turn while nukes are a 1 shot deal. I propose 750 cost, and up spaceship costs also ~1500-2000.

Do Jihad and NRA cancel each other? Or does Jihad override NRA?

Cities should be easier to defend, IMO. maybe:
          DC = defender's number of cities/2

Of course this is just my interpretation, feel free to (dis)agree or offer other ideas.
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Theben's points are definitely worth consideration.

A reminder- today I believe is the deadline for submissions. However, I understand how America has Labor Day holidays, so 24 hours from this post is the absolute deadline before I create "dummy" orders for all interested parties in the game who have not yet submitted orders... let's try to move things along !

Thanks again for playing.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• orders are in
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Theben's points are definitely worth consideration.

A reminder- today I believe is the deadline for submissions. However, I understand how America has Labor Day holidays, so 24 hours from this post is the absolute deadline before I create "dummy" orders for all interested parties in the game who have not yet submitted orders... let's try to move things along !

Thanks again for playing.
                I think SparrowHawk has flagged.

Edit: The person who has not sent has flagged--but it is not SparrowHawk. It has to be Jonny.
                Last edited by MJW; September 1, 2008, 17:18.
                “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• I sent my orders a while ago, just didn't post a "sent" message.

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Okay. All orders in save Jonnys, and it's probably obvious why he didn't send. Thanks everyone.

I'll try to run it through the program today. If success results will come in 4 hours... If there are errors, I'll do it by hand and results will appear in 30 hours time.

Thank you. And especially thank you Sparrowhawk re your comments in the PM.

-DC.
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Jonny still has a spy available... he could play spoiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
                        Jonny still has a spy available... he could play spoiler.
                        uh...he failed to move...
                        “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

• No, I won't use it... I'll let the rest of you guys fight it out without interference.

As for the rest of my orders, my armies defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny
                            No, I won't use it... I'll let the rest of you guys fight it out without interference.

As for the rest of my orders, my armies defend.
                            Because you failed to move DarkCloud will use (I guess) the 'flag rules' for this turn. Everything will be the same save DarkCloud will send max. trade at me. If anyone has a problem with this they need to speak up...

I am against "updating" this because I loss out on 1200 (!) gold. If you really hate me (I don't know what you think) it is your fault for failing to PM DarkCloud about this sooner, Jonny.

If someone stopped his trade phrase or SparrowHawk defended his war phrase this does not matter.

Of course, if Jonny fails to die, he has made his wish clear for now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJW
                              Because you failed to move DarkCloud will use (I guess) the 'flag rules' for this turn. Everything will be the same save DarkCloud will send max. trade at me. If anyone has a problem with this they need to speak up...

I am against "updating" this because I loss out on 1200 (!) gold. If you really hate me (I don't know what you think) it is your fault for failing to PM DarkCloud about this sooner, Jonny.

If someone stopped his trade phrase or SparrowHawk defended his war phrase this does not matter.

Of course, if Jonny fails to die, he has made his wish clear for now on.
                              How do you lose out on 1200 gold? Why would he "hate" you?

And what are 'flag' rules?

Comment

• (10*10-20)*10*1.5 =1200

No trade no 1200.

I don't know if he hates me or not. I am saying IF he hates me.

Comment

Working...
                                X