No announcement yet.

Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isnt Lego Indiana Jones also available on PS3 and 360? Theres a mistake here, right? Multiple SKUs on the 360, right?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• No idea, but I bought it for the 360.

Given that the game basically looks and plays the same on Wii, PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360 its sales make sense.

The "Lego" games lean heavily towards the casual/family crowd, of which PS2/Wii dominate.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        I don't think Spore counts as a casual game. Wii Sports, Wii Music, Wii Fit are casual "games" in that they are far more toys than games.

Spore is a genuine game that may have mass appeal.

Very different things.

I'm not sure why you think the argument is "popular=bad". I don't give a **** if a game is popular. I hate the "casual games" Nintendo is focusing on because they tend not to be games at all. They're simplified toys that use video game hardware to run.
        I missed this until Lotm quoted it.

Spore clearly is a casual gamer's game. The reason is will have wide appeal is the same reason the Wii is doing so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

I missed this until Lotm quoted it.

Spore clearly is a casual gamer's game. The reason is will have wide appeal is the same reason the Wii is doing so well.
          Spore's Creature Creator is a casual game.

Spore itself, complete with the strategy game component, is certainly not a "casual game". It will be a popular game, but to put it in the same category as monstrosities such as Wii Fit and Wii Music and Wii Sports is just bizarre.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I think it's worse and more dangerous than any of those games, because they aren't making any pretences about what they are.

Comment

No idea, but I bought it for the 360.

Given that the game basically looks and plays the same on Wii, PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360 its sales make sense.

The "Lego" games lean heavily towards the casual/family crowd, of which PS2/Wii dominate.
              well I wasn't under the impression it was a competitor for Assasin's creed or Bioshock.

But it IS a third party multiplatform game, and its NOT a non game, or a collection of minigames, is it?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                I think it's worse and more dangerous than any of those games, because they aren't making any pretences about what they are.
                Did you see the latest Will Wright video? Its in the Spore "38% of G-d" thread in the spore subforum. Have fun

obligatory on topic

Wii has now passed the 360 in installed base in the US

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that. I wonder how Asher will talk that away.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Frankly, I'm not interested in Spore nor do I read the forums nor do I care what Will Wright thinks or says.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

well I wasn't under the impression it was a competitor for Assasin's creed or Bioshock.

But it IS a third party multiplatform game, and its NOT a non game, or a collection of minigames, is it?
                      Well, arguably it is a collection of minigames.

There's not a whole lot of game to it, it's more mindless than a game.

Comment

Frankly, I'm not interested in Spore nor do I read the forums nor do I care what Will Wright thinks or says.
                        didnt think you did, I was responding to spikey

Comment

Frankly, I'm not interested in Spore nor do I read the forums nor do I care what Will Wright thinks or says.
                          thats because youre not a real gamer

Comment

• Thanks for the laugh, LotM, I needed that
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• A real gamer knows not to buy the hype from certain designers til it comes out.

Same reason I'm not paying attention to Fable 2 from P.M....

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Thanks for the laugh, LotM, I needed that

Comment

Working...
                                X