• Show
Clear All

or a jerk
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Or......neither?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

or has way too much time on his hands
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

No, on the contrary. I could need more time before my exams.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            Or......neitherboth?
            Fixed
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that way about me.

Comment

A snap judgement.

It was just the start of another busy week in the run up to the official opening. Animals, amphibians, reptiles, fish and birds were arriving daily along with the special food/ diet supplies and medicines. Each keeper took responsibility for the introduction and acclimatisation of the exhibits in their care. All of the enclosures, pavilions and Special Houses had been built and it was now more a case of fine-tuning with lighting and plantings.

To get to know each other better we made it a habit to meet for breakfast, after the animals had been checked. We had orange juice, pancakes and syrup, eggs, nuts, bacon, tomato, sausage and fries.

Rasputin and Tuberski were together talking cat talk. Adrian Hon and Spaced Cowboy were comparing notes about how well the zebras, antelopes and wildebeest were settling down sharing the same enclosure. There was a Veterinary College in the nearest town and this interaction of animals in the Africa section, was the 1st of 10 studies being undertaken by students there.

LordShiva and Heresson sat together, laughing and discussing how often the general public didn’t know the difference between amphibians and reptiles. LordShiva was showing Heresson the glass containers with the Poison Dart Frogs (Dendrobatidae). Not to be outdone Heresson showed off the Beaded Lizard which he had caught just two days ago.

Ben Kenobi and Kuciwalker sat discussing the Aquarium and the imminent arrival of couple of walruses. It was just like filling the Ark they joked. How the creatures adapted to their new surroundings in the Aquarium would be the 2nd of the studies.

Sparrowhawk and Will9 were over the moon with the massive aviary they had at their disposal. It was like a game of chess. Sparrow would say accipiter nisus and Will9 would answer imitator. It’s a funny thing with keepers, they begin to take on the characteristics of the species in their care. They sat together like hawks and their features took on that distinctive look. But they were happy and with such a massive aviary on site, this was to be the center for the 3rd of the planned studies.

Rah was at the end of the long table talking to Mrs Tuberski and Nikolai. There was no doubt Rah was pleased with the collection of rodents: with ferrets pride of place, of course, but affection for the squirrels and chipmunks. He also liked Castor Canadensis, as did most of his fellow colleagues. Mrs. Tuberski had an outstanding collection of primates to look after, from lemurs, apes and monkeys including the cute capuchins. Nikolai could not believe his good fortune to be in charge of perhaps the finest collection of bears in the world and was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the giant pandas. Btw this was the 4th area of studies. He loved telling that joke about the panda going into a bar, having a lunch of bamboo, killing the bartender and running out the door. Dictionary reference: Panda: Eats shoots and leaves.

At the far end of the table was Duke O’York, making funny noises and laughing like a, well, a hyena, if you really want to know. He was imitating the sound. Snoopy responded with the wolf howling at the moon, sound. ‘By Jove, that was very good’ commented Duke.

Meanwhile Jonny and Adagio were seated across from each other at the center of the table and didn’t really have much in common. Then Adagio said ‘ You know there’s an insect called the Giraffe weevil and there’s another called the Elephant hawk moth. So there, we both look after elephants and giraffes. They both laughed.

Did I mention the other private buildings on site. To attract these keepers we had to have fabulous accommodation: ensuite bedrooms, pools, patios, a garden and some classic art reproductions installed..

Just then someone asked ‘ Where’s Paddy the Scot ?’. ‘Not to worry’ I said, ‘I’m sure he just delayed. Stay here and I’ll report back.’

I found Paddy, well part of Paddy , three quarters way down the jaws of one of our giant salt water crocodile specimens. I tranquilized ‘Old FleshyBones’ and with help from the other keepers, retrieved as much of Paddy as we could. It was evident that he had tried to keep the jaws from closing on him with cans of Tuborg (85 of them). But most disturbing of all was a photographic print out of Paddy at the early stage of crocodilia capture. It was pinned to a nearby tree.

Before I called the other keepers I noticed some strange animal like footprints near the crocodile pen and a black thread, caught on some wood. God what was the significance! But in our haste we trampled all over this evidence.

I called the staff together. ‘It may look like an accidental death, but Paddy’s death was deliberate. We’re a bit cut off out here. So it can only be one of us’. ‘You all have experience of the animal world: you know the rules it’s kill or be killed. We have all too much riding on this Zoo opening on time, so decide who you think has done this terrible deed and let me know.’

Meanwhile can I have a burial cortege for Paddy .
                Last edited by Hercules; May 22, 2007, 10:52.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

well some one has to go first.

Hmmm

Theres mention of an ARK

Ark is in Bible

bible relates to Christians.

Nikolai loves christian camps....
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hmmm... Difficult. Tuborg could lead to Adagio, but that's too easy. What I can't understand is what those footprints could mean...? And the black thread?

But I know one thing: there are several hints to religion. The aforementioned ark is one. Another is the "jove" word. And, more obscure, a search on capuchin on Wikipedia gives two results; the animal and a Roman Catholic friar order. Now, I might be Christian, but I'm no Catholic. Ben Kenobi is, however.

Comment

Ben Kanobi it must be.

Comment

Code:
                        Last edited by Hercules; May 25, 2007, 14:48.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Spaced Cowboy

bufallos - snap
                          Dalls - Bible Belt
                          cowboy - You know westerns, there's always some judge.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

bloody hell I dead already...

clank clank clank
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Nikolai
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Nikolai

Been away all weekend.

Pretty hard to be mafia.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Working...
                                  X
                                  Player Zoo Keeper Status
                                  1. Rah Rodentia Alive.
                                  2. Nikolai Ursidae Alive
                                  3. Paddy Crocodilia Crocked
                                  4. Rasputin Felidae: panthera Alive
                                  5. Spaced Cowboy Bovidae Alive
                                  6. Kuciwalker Chordata Alive
                                  7. Sparrowhawk Accipitridae Alive
                                  8. Will9 Accipiter Alive