World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike

But were there 2 years ago. I don't remember any, and I definitely seem to recall whining about there being no RP PvP servers on release.
    There weren't. The Rp-PvP servers were added about 8 months after European release after heavy pressure from the fans.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Wasn't Ludd a big fan of RP PvP?

Comment

No, he was a fan of whining about the lack of RP PvP servers upon release.

Comment

yeah I noticed gnomes giving me quests in ironforge. The goblins gave me quests in that city in the barrens. Although one of the quests was gray, and not worth my time.

I still have more quests in Ashenvil to do. But I'd imagine I have to move up to Felwood after that. I've been there before at level 13. The monsters didn't like me very much. .

Comment

Felwood is a level 42-48 area (roughly)
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

If you want to continue on Kalimdor after Ashenvale, you can move into Desolace.

You can get to desolace from Stonetalon Mountains - just follow the signs

Asmodean

Comment

There are plenty of websites with maps and details of level ranges for each area btw.

Comment

But why bother with Allakhazam & Co if you can employ some gratis lackeys on a site dedicated to 4x games?

Comment

Dis, as an Alliance, how are you able to traverse the Barrens and Stonetalon Mountains?

When I travel from Ratchet to the Alliance's land, (I forget the name of the continent and port), I die almost immediately after walking into the jungle! I think I remember the creatures being low level too, so I figured I just wasn't allowed on that land as I was a horde.
                    be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
                      Dis, as an Alliance, how are you able to traverse the Barrens and Stonetalon Mountains?

When I travel from Ratchet to the Alliance's land, (I forget the name of the continent and port), I die almost immediately after walking into the jungle! I think I remember the creatures being low level too, so I figured I just wasn't allowed on that land as I was a horde.
                      Stonetalon is contested, so he should be ok there. The Barrens... well, I got myself killed and then resurrected in the middle of it . And you can walk from Ratchet... down to the area south of it (Thousand Needles?)... I just killed the guards watching over the elevator and took it down.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oh I see, so lands that do not belong to anyone makes it irrelevant whether you are horde or alliance?

I hope in the future, Blizzard open a server where lands and cities are open for the taking, that would be one hell of a game.
                        be free

Comment

• Yeah as you level up lots of lands become contested. Though it doesn't really matter much for the PvE game as you can just wave at the enemy if you want.

And they did consider PvP that fundamentally changed the world, like having capturable cities. But it's just so hard to do well - many games have tried and 1 (maybe 2) have succeeded. In PvE dominated games people tend to get very annoyed at having their gameplay experience be dependent on PvP they aren't interested in.

Good world PvP is only really something that can be done in a game where the PvP is the selling point (like the upcoming Warhammer), not the PvE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py

I just have to walk around the cities with guards (the gate has guards too, but usually there's a part off to the side you can sneak by).

getting down the lift would have been trickier, but I had stealth ability (with my cat)

Comment

• Got my undead mage up to 15. She levelled much faster than my druid it seems. I also have a lot more gold. I was so poor when I was a druid. Now I have so much silver, I don't know what to do with it.

I have a lot of fun with my mage, though I hate slow travel. My cat was so fast (I also burned 2 talent points to make it faster). Some creatures I had to devise some strategy to kill by myself. As they had guards with them. Polymorph worked in on instance, but it doesn't work on undead. Luckily I had a level 14 spell (mana nova or something like that) that came through.

Having a lot of fun. Still don't think I'll take her past level 30. I tend to get bored by that point. The beginning levels always seem more fun to me.

Though I do want to play a little more with my druid. Maybe I'll redo my talents and turn him into a caster. I like casting spells. . But he just doesn't have the crowd control abilities a mage has. So it's not an easy build. Not to mention starfire doesn't do as much damage as fireball.

Comment

• question: are other hordes enemies of the undead? I have this one strange creature thingy (tauren maybe- I really don't know what they all look like yet) in the forest that shows pvp. This could really restrict my movement around the world.

and does anyone know what a buzz box is? I still haven't figured that one out. I haven't seen it mentioned in the undead lands, mainly in the night elf lands.

And I won a duel last night. I'm happy about that. As I'm not good at pvp. It was against a same level character. My undead mage rocked this undead warlock. It wasn't even close. My spells tore him apart. But when I did a battle with my druid against a hunter, I got my ass beat. He moved around so fast I couldn't move fast enough to target him. I don't play FPS games, so I can't move that fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X