World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft

I'm too lazy to look for a thread, if it's not near the top, who cares.

The main problem I'm having right now is my patch updater. Probably doesn't help I'm surfing poly in the middle of patching. But it's taking forever. The download went fairly fast (considering the speed of my cable modem), but this updater seems to be getting stuck. Before it got stuck at 34%, second attemtp I'm at 28%, and it's been like 15 minutes since I started. Any advice around this problem? This is my second patch, god knows how many more I need to get up to the newest version.

Any advice on this game. Keep in mind I don't like mmorpg's, but I'm bored, so I'm going to try playing this game again. From the manual it looks like a cool game (so did Star Wars Rebellion, however). The gameplay of mmorpg's doesn't really do it for me though. Any advice on how to make this game fun? Now I have more time, I'm hoping to play some with my brother. Although his one character is like level 70. I'll probably never get up that high. He does have a lower level one at 9 though.

I'm thinking of an alliance druid or hunter. Any advice on which ones, and what abilities I should get?

Get the patches from www.filefront.com
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

at 32%. I'll try this one more time, if not I'll try the above link.

edit: that one worked this time.

Now for my 3rd patch.

I'd just like to play the game already.
      Last edited by Dis; April 3, 2007, 01:18.

Comment

Patching is lightning fast on a university LAN with a dozen other people patching at the same time

Comment

4 patches in all. Got up to level 7 before the server shut down at 3 AM.

Ended up doing a druid. Night elf.

Right now, he kind of sucks. I guess I'll have to wait for the good stuff. . Haven't died yet, but came very close. For some reason, in my realm, there are a whole bunch of dead bodies (players) lying around the night elf lands. Haven't figured that one out.

Damn games are like crack I tell you. In some way it's like work. but it's fun work.

guess that's it for tonight.

question: when buying spells when going up levels, is there a limit to how many I can buy? Do I have to plan ahead which field I want spells in? Or is that just for those talent points you get after level 10?

also do the patches offer any major changes in gameplay? I bought the game when it first came out, so I'm wondering how out of date my manual is.

Comment

The Blizzard downloader sucks mostly. If you do plan on using it, start it and go away for a while. I've gone to filefront lately.

The dead bodies are probably the corpses of Horde players who must have recently tried to raid the town where you were. The skeletons tend to linger for a little while.

The only limit to your spell buying is money and level. Nothing to plan for. As you said, the talents after level 10 require choices though. You can research what talents are best for levelling up in the playstyle of your choice or just go with what looks good to you and re specialize later.

There have been some major changes, but unless you have been playing all along you won't notice them mostly. The core info about mechanics and such in the manual is probably still accurate mostly....

I'm kind of bored with my Paladin. I got him to level 68 a few days ago (after killing about 3,000,000,000 condors and eleks and other things for some quests) and went to my level 30 midget mage for a change.

To be honest, the only reason i'm even still going for 70 is to see what this flying mount stuff is all about. And to see if I can finally use Blacksmithing to make myself a decent weapon..

After that, i'm pretty close to being done with this game I think.

Or maybe i'll take my mage to 70....round and round we go....

Edit: Really the only thing that keeps me playing at this point is that I still find pvp kinda fun at times. I'm not much interested in the dungeons anymore..just can't do it much anymore. nope nope nope...

My mage is loads of fun in pvp otherwise I would really be close to going bye bye.
            Last edited by vee4473; April 3, 2007, 08:07.
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I am not currently playing, but I have a Druid at level 44 and a Paladin at level 43 (as well as some others sub 20). There have been big enough changes that play is very different for some classes compared to 2 years ago.

But mostly that is based upon what is good or not, so general stuff is sort of the same.

I recommend www.wowwiki.com as a good site for information. It even has some builds from BC, as well as a lot of information about classes, leveling, zones, instances, and more.

My characters were on Shadowsong (Alliance Paladin) and Argent Dawn (Horde Druid). My roommate still plays on Argent Dawn, and I have a freind who last I knew played somewhere.

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                4 patches in all. Got up to level 7 before the server shut down at 3 AM.

Ended up doing a druid. Night elf.

Right now, he kind of sucks. I guess I'll have to wait for the good stuff. . Haven't died yet, but came very close. For some reason, in my realm, there are a whole bunch of dead bodies (players) lying around the night elf lands. Haven't figured that one out.

Damn games are like crack I tell you. In some way it's like work. but it's fun work.

guess that's it for tonight.

question: when buying spells when going up levels, is there a limit to how many I can buy? Do I have to plan ahead which field I want spells in? Or is that just for those talent points you get after level 10?

also do the patches offer any major changes in gameplay? I bought the game when it first came out, so I'm wondering how out of date my manual is.
                I thought you already tried WoW and decided you didn't like it.

Comment

That was me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

I thought you already tried WoW and decided you didn't like it.
                    I thought so myself, but I chalked it up to faulty memory..
                    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

that was me as well.

but I'm giving it another try. I happen to be bored with all this new found time on my hands.

We'll see if it holds much interest in me after level 15. That's generally when I get bored with these types of games. They are fun in the beginning.

So we'll see.

The hard part for me is finding groups. A guy offered to part last night, but I wasn't in the mood. I'm very thorough in my quests and exploring. I like to do every quest and explore. But every time I part, they want to fly through the areas and go to the "tough" areas as quickly as possible. Which usually leads me to getting my ass kicked and dying. .

Not interested in pvp yet. I'm still not sure how that works. I'm on a normal realm.

I wanted to get on the server/realm my brother is on, but it says it's full. But it still seems like I can join, I just have to wait to play. Is that how it works?

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473

I thought so myself, but I chalked it up to faulty memory..
                        My memory is not faulty.

Comment

so you are saying other parts of your brain are faulty?

Comment

argh. now I know why I hate mmorpg's.

stupid server.

the damn thing never works when I want to play.

was playing for a little while, then got booted out. Tried to start again, but couldn't. now I get an error trying to get the character list.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

My memory is not faulty.

Comment

Working...
                              X