No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asmodean was talking about PvE raids, which involve anywhere from 10 to 40 players taking down tough bosses.

Not to be confused with attacking horde/alliance with other people from your side.

Comment

The West Continent is mostly Horde, the East Continent is mostly Alliance.

There is however, significant Horse and Alliance Pressense on both continents.

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        so how do raids work anyways?

some guys invited me to raid some orcs. I partied up. But they didn't seem to know where they were going, and took us through some lands where we got our ass kicked by creatures who's level was so high, it didn't even show. I guess you are not safe, even on the road/path.

I died quite a few times, trying to get past that area. It costed me over 7 silver to repair it all. .

Those guys finally did make it to horde lands I believe. I could still hear their party chat. I gave up and just went to the grove of the ancients for some questing.

But I thought all the horde lands were on the other island/continent? And I'm on a normal server (not a pvp), so how does it work when attacking/raiding other players?
        On a pve server you will never be able to be attacked by enemy players unless you either attack them first or heal/buff a friendy player that is already engaged in pvp.

or manually flag yourself for pvp.

When in an area that has monsters that are much higher level than you your aggro range goes way up. Consider it like an invisible radius around your character. As you travel, if any enemies come into that radius they attack you.

In an area with monsters your level that invisible radius may be something like, lets say 20 yards for argument sake. In an area with level ??'s it baloons out alot. So if they even smell you within 50 yards they pounce. They smell weak meat....mmm

It also goes down in an area with very low level characters compared to your level. Almost as if the monsters know you are more powerful and wont mess with you unless you get too too close.

At least that's how i've always thought of it. Hope i'm not giving you bogus info.

Edit: and roads are generally safe....generally
        Last edited by vee4473; April 6, 2007, 11:47.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

But Roads in an Alliance area are going to ahve Alliance NPCs on them, which ar ehigh level and will attack you if you are Horse.

Also, Roads in a Horde area will have Horde freindly NPCs, and attack you if you are Alliance.

Finally, Roads aren't always safe at higher level areas, starting at about 40.

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Horde.

Comment

Have you ever been there as a Horse?

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Can't say I have.

Comment

I'm still a little confused. I remember when playing a couple years ago this gnome attacked our low level zone.

I think if you enter in a horde area you are automatically flagged for pvp. Is this correct?

some areas seem to be both horde and alliance. I'm told moonglade is like this. Those areas seem like they would be real interesting on a pvp server. One of these days I might have the guts to try one of those. But I hate it when high level chars gank you when you are low level.

Comment

WoW PvP sucks ass. If you want PvP play a good PvP game.

Comment

yeah, EVE or GW among MMOs

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

my hand hurts. guess I'm getting carpal tunnel.

I guess I can't play 15 or 16 hours a day.

Comment

This time last year was my WoW madness. I had 2 weeks off from work and plenty of productive things to achieve.

In the end I just levelled my character from about 10 to mid 50s.

Comment

So you did that around this time last year - then proceeded to get into a raid guild and get most of your Tier 1 stuff? Impressive

On my server, if you weren't in a raid guild by Christmas 2005, you were pretty much out of it.

A few new raid guilds started showing up around early fall 2006, but before that all the action was down to a few guilds.

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Yes, I am very efficient.

Comment

Just a quick question, I'm currently on Normal, but what is Roleplaying mode?
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X