World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrSpike
    You don't have to have the add-ons - they just make your life easier. If you don't want an easy life don't install them.
    When your raiding guild makes it policy, you have to have them, otherwise you are the lonely schmuck sitting at the entrance to BWL/ZG/MC/Ony.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Engineering rocks.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• havn't played in a few days. funny once you are away from the game for a while, the addiction starts to subside. So luckily, it isn't as addictive as nicotine. .

problem is my shaman is a point he's trying to get lower city reputation for that awesome epic mace. But we came to the same problem I had before. Once you get to 70, you actually have to work. Reputation gains are a pain in the ass.

I realize they just can't give away awesome equipment, or everyone would be running around with epics. But I just don't want to play that way. I guess I'm used to a game like Neverwinter Nights were once you get to the final boss/quest you are wearing the best equipment available in the game. There is no "grinding" in those games.

Comment

• uh-oh new patch is out. I knew I shouldn't have clicked the icon (was only going to check the news tab- honest ). must...resist...temptation...to...play... argh.

still downloading. Looks like they may have fixed the huge problem of afk'rs in bg's. I hear people say other people got so many epics because of this. pisses me off in a way. but I think that may have been exaggerated.

voice chat wonder how this works. my shamans guild said they are going with teamspeak now and not vent. What is teamspeak? I imagine it is something like vent?

Comment

• yeah I'm kind of stuck with my shaman. I want that mace from lower city exalted, but don't want to put forth the work to get it .

I'm not quite 70, but as I noted before, once you hit 70, the game becomes work.

seems kind of silly to play my other chars if I'm going to abandon them at 70. But the point is to have fun right? And I love progressing through the levels and getting better skills and spells (though many are just an upgrade of older spells). Once you hit 70, I see little reason to go on.

got a couple outlands instances done with my shammy, my internet connection has been okay at night. But it did go down once last night around 4:30 AM so it can't be the heat. It just does what it wants to.

haven't played the game since sunday.

Comment

• Well I finally did it. I cleared out the last of my mail/auctions. Withdrew from my guilds, wrote a couple messages announcing my retirement.

Though I'm having second thoughts. As I just heard about brewfest (a take on octoberfest obviously). I have just recently realized this game has turned me gay. I knew things were going astray when my blood elf female warlock (tailoring profession obviously) was concentrating on getting pretty dress paterns instead of useful patterns to kill mobs with. . This game has turned into an expensive version of the sims. But you should see how pretty the wedding dress looks on her. . I can't get the festival dress, as that's held during the chinese new year. I really wanted to see how pretty that looked on her. But I just found out brewfest has a dress too. And I want it.

but perhaps this just reaffirms my decision to quit wow. I need to play a masculine game and become straight again. Back to civ4 to conquer worlds. And I won't be doing so in a pretty dress- unless I play elizabeth, and I do like liz, financial and philosophical, what more could you want.

But seriously I do like the special events, I kind of want to check it out. but I already deleted the icon from my desktop (yes I am that lazy that I won't go to run program files to start the game ). Special events are a cool part of the game. Really adds flavor. So for those of you still playing, check it out. I wish I participated more in past special events. I missed out on a lot of the game because it felt like cheating to look everything up. But for this type of game you have to look everything up. Or you miss out on so much.
              Last edited by Dis; September 29, 2007, 00:51.

Comment

• You didn't raid properly yet.............

Comment

• I got a wedding dress for my paladin but never tried it on...

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• was actually going to try to put the wedding dress on my char I use for putting stuff on auction. have him run around ogr in a dress . But for some reason you have to be level 30 to wear a wedding dress.

He can wear the tuxedo though.

Comment

• You ever prank anyone with the wedding dress?

A guy I know had his friend's little brother come over for a session. So he got hold of the guy's password. We were wondering if he should mail all his gold to his brother and bank all his raid epics and stuff, and leave him drunk in a Goblin pub or the middle of Tanaris wearing the dress with a mail in his mailbox thanking him for a "night to remember".
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                        How do you guys with multiple characters (toons/alts) deal with professions?
                        my main enchants/engineers

alt herb/tailor
                        alt mine/JC
                        alt alch/enchant

and skin/mine perma farmer.

my main started as eng/lw its a hunter and originally i played all 4 evenly but when i started focusing on power grinding th hunter, i gave up on lvling up the skill until i finished the hunter to 70 and started playing my alts more. I dropped LW cause its really useless for the gear it offers you at 375 and went enchant to farm blues on dungeons and enchant my own gears.

i had a twink rogue until i decided to untwink it and made him alch/enchant to burn herb stuff. and enchant his own gears..
                        :-p

Comment

• wows a fun game but its a seriously ****ed up game.

its not so quite pvp, not so raid and not so casual. it tries to glue all the player base and because of that everyone complains.

PVP *****es about balance, raid *****es about welfare epics and casuals ***** about not enough content... bah. everyone just qqs on and on about everything.

I can understand blizzard is trying to appease everyone so that they can maintain their large subscribers, but the game suffers hard because of that.
                          :-p

Comment

• But if they catered for any one part of the playerbase subs would be lower. They are smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero
                              wows a fun game but its a seriously ****ed up game.

its not so quite pvp, not so raid and not so casual. it tries to glue all the player base and because of that everyone complains.

PVP *****es about balance, raid *****es about welfare epics and casuals ***** about not enough content... bah. everyone just qqs on and on about everything.

I can understand blizzard is trying to appease everyone so that they can maintain their large subscribers, but the game suffers hard because of that.
                              Actually, I disagree in that I don't think they cater to everyone at all. They cater to raiders. That's fine. I'm ok with that, it's why I quit.

EDIT::: It's the fact that they give the illusion of catering to all playstyles that is hurting them. It doesn't hold up. Once you realize that raiding is the only playstyle and you have been lavoring under a lie, you quit if raiding aint yo' thing.

I do agree that the pvp is tearing the game apart because if you have a game where there are traditional pve roles, then you WILL have class weaknesses in pvp. So, they try to balance that, but the cycle never ends. And casuals want more than grinding ogres forever. It is a raid game plain and simple. Cool if that's where your interests are.

I don't think a game that tries to please all playstyles will fail. But it has to honestly reward all styles, not in a half assed way that wow does it. I'm seeing this in lotro. It pleases all styles, but the only ones complaining are raiders who say that gear isn't better than crafted. Tough ****. The wow mentality has poisoned people. It's a disease and the mmo mold needs to break.

Why should every mmo be the same? When warhammer launches i'll be watching. It seems to be the pvp-ers dream. Wow is the raiders dream, another game can be the everybody dream.

Go to the game that holds your dream.
                              Last edited by vee4473; October 5, 2007, 22:22.
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• also, wow and the warcraft series seems to have gotten so f'd up that I don't think they know where the heck they are going. They seem to be flying by the seat of their pants.

Like a mach 6 jet flying apart at the seams. or mach whatever.
                                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                                X