Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaguar
    I think we need to make a couple of rules on this sort of silliness:

- If the attacker attacks with no OOB, and the defender has ships and an OOB, the entire attacking fleet is completely destroyed.

- If the attacker has no OOB, and the defender has ships but no OOB, neither fleet is damaged and no bases are taken.

- If the attacker has no OOB, and the defender has neither ships nor an OOB (as was the case here) then the attacker takes the bases.

- If an attacker with no OOB hits a shield, the ships are taken smallest-first, with no regards to weapon type.
    I think this proposal from Jaguar is closest to a solution. But may need adaptation:

in case 1) say, a 100 titan laser fleet attacked (without an OoB) on a base with 1TF with an OoB. This proposed outcome above, is unfair: a mere 1TF defeating a 100 Titan fleet?.

So perhaps, with more work for the GM (when it happens), a better solution is, worst case attack OoB against best case defence OoB.

in case 2), say again with more work for the GM, on the rare occasion this happens, an attacker has 110 Laser titan fleet, (but no OoB) but the defender has 1000 Torpedo titans ( but no OoB) . The proposed outcome is status quo, however this itself may evolve into at tactic.
    I wonder would it be better to have: worst case attack versus worst case defence and best case attack v best case defence and divide.

case 3) is 'ruling on the field', no question, yes

case 4) yes.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sent.

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I say that we have to be consistent. If you don't remember to send an OOB, and the other guy does, you lose, plain and simple.

You send in an OOB every turn (except when shielding). It shouldn't be so hard to remember. Paddy hasn't played this game in a while, but he'll most assuredly remember to send in an OOB next time.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Didn't Tuesday just go by?
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Tuesday certainly has gone by for me. It is now Wednesday afternoon here.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ah, good, I lose track of dates sometimes. I was just checking, my question had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Absolutely nothing.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

what is a tuesday anyway? does she work in a bar somewhere?
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

sent
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Did you remember your OoB
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• more of them pesky details...

when I say attack to me lads, I mean that they rip the heads off the ones they are to attack - can it really be any easier than that
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I was very busy yesterday and didn't have time to do the update. I'll do it now.

Comment

• anyone not send in ooBs this time around?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Some...

Comment

• Game time
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                                Game time
                                Well said.
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X