No announcement yet.

Apolyon vs the Universe! - Part 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just found a new colony (I destroyed quite a well developed old one which had just 99 fields).

My new one has yes, 239 fields. At last.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Congratulations.
      Was it here or Eventis where someone was talking about moving their "capital" It's a lot of shields for a palace, but if it cuts corruption and has 200+ fields then that's cool.

Comment

• whay kind of revenge shall I expect for raiding the same inactive, time after time..yada yada

IMO I cant believe someone who has 5 planets has been inactive this long-this happens regularly?
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Do inactives still gather resources then?
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I will let you now in a day or two

It could have been my lack of large cargos

Comment

• Yes, everything is still turned on. I hate the ones that go vacation mode and then become inactive.

You can attack that inactive all day, 3 times a day or bashing would apply. However, since there is no one to complain, you probably can just keep on raiding them.

Also, be aware that a "cow" will eventually be drained, so you'll have to find some fresh meat.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• 6 cows

5 large cargo

I try to rotate the raiding

gota upgrade fleet slots as well

so much to do - so little resources to get them all done

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                  You can attack that inactive all day, 3 times a day or bashing would apply. However, since there is no one to complain, you probably can just keep on raiding them.
                  It sure feels as mods should take those "cow" opportunities away after a mailed warning or something. From what all you guys are saying here the main strategy is becoming fat on the occasional starter who abandons his planet(s). Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if there are players there creating new empires under a new name (or asking friends to do that for them) to give them something to grow easily.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I rotate the raiding also.

Some of the best cows are where the mining for all 3 resources is advanced, so that if you leave them for a while, they replenish reasonable quickly.

However, other players also raid them and are perhaps not so considerate.

Comment

• Lately I learned to just check that the target is inactive: especially those marked absent for 7 days.

I started to attack a well endowed former inactive only to discover he had returned. I recalled the fleet.

Comment

• Yeah, no point in making new enemies.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Btw that 'surrendering colony' as they call it , cost me about 60 places in the rankings.

My three lowest 'field' planets are size

I am tempted to scrap the 121 size colony as I have just started developing it . But it is a gamble. This '121' colony replaced an 81 field colony and another in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder

It sure feels as mods should take those "cow" opportunities away after a mailed warning or something. From what all you guys are saying here the main strategy is becoming fat on the occasional starter who abandons his planet(s). Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if there are players there creating new empires under a new name (or asking friends to do that for them) to give them something to grow easily.
                            They are pretty good at catching multiple accounts and It would take quite a while(a month) to build up a good cow to raid, and you would not be able to stop others from "hitting it."

The game automatically deletes inactives after a month or something like that.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I've already got Skanky building me some tasty cows that I can use in future.

I'd hit it.

I've just sent a fleetsave attack out, but was stupid enough not to save enough fuel to send my recyclers after it.
                              Maybe it'll all be there when I get home.
                              In other news, some kind soul from planet Uber in galaxy 2 attacked my home planet with nearly 1500 probes, thus gifting me 160k of crystal for my collection pleasure, but my 1% chance did not yield a moon.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                                In other news, some kind soul from planet Uber in galaxy 2 attacked my home planet with nearly 1500 probes, thus gifting me 160k of crystal for my collection pleasure, but my 1% chance did not yield a moon.
                                Better beware, no one is that dumb. I'll bet there is some devious scheme behind this attack and we will see your name in green in the galaxy screen soon enough...

1500 probes
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X