Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
    ??? He used espionage probes...to attack with
    This is the third time he has attacked me - the first two, my fleet was away, and they ended in a draw with my defenses. This time, I risked a crash and left my fleet home for the day, since I'm still a bit under 5k - and he fell right into the trap. The first time he attacked me, his force included 120 probes. I sh*t you not.

I can't hit him back where it hurts - his 114 small lasers would cost me too much. However, I am just one tech away from bombers - and as soon as I get 3 or 4 of them, I'm going to show him why you never, ever f*ck with the guy who has battleships when you have heavy fighters.

Of course, he also made the mistake of putting his two colonies in the same system, and they're undefended. I just take what I need from them - he has no idea where my colonies are. In the end, my bombers will be heavily subsidized - almost paid for - by the amount that I've gleaned from recycling his fleet and pillaging his colonies.

This guy is the definition of an OGame n00b. It doesn't get any n00bier than this - he's a mewling infant.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• The n00b saga continues - he just abandoned his two colonies in our system. WTF?
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• he is running in terror from your overwhelming power obvoiusly
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• I did that before I quit Uni 3, I dumped all my colonies and turned off all my stuff on my home planet.

Nobody was going to make an inactive cow out of me.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Unfortunately, it'll be another 2 days before I can really launch an offensive. 22 hours left until I discover impulse 6, then one more plasma tech (12 hours), and then I can build bombers. Once that happens, however, my vengeance will be swift - it's unlikely that, without colonies or any raiding capacity, he will be able to build up a fleet of heavy fighters capable of stopping me in only 2 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
              I did that before I quit Uni 3, I dumped all my colonies and turned off all my stuff on my home planet.

Nobody was going to make an inactive cow out of me.
              The thing is, however, that I've been monitoring his homeworld - he started building more heavy fighters after his crushing defeat at the third battle of Auvaria. Unless he changed his mind after the fact, it doesn't seem like he's becoming an inactive.

Of course, if he is, his alliance is in dire straits - he's one of the two members in his alliance

Comment

• Well, it looks like I won't get to try my bombers out anyhow. Spaced was right - he's given up the ghost. His home planet has vanished, he doesn't show up in the search, and apparently neither does his formerly two-player alliance. There goes brave marko_istra - a man far, far too brave for trivial annoyances like espionage, speedsim, or common sense.

Sir, I salute you.

EDIT: By the way, that means two prime real estate spaces at 3:479:4 and 3:479:6 are open for settling, if you don't care that they're in the same system as my homeworld.

Comment

• I've passed the 5000 point barrier. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Is anyone building up a massive fleet of light fighters. Seems like some of the top ranking guys do it, but I don't see the point.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

• If they combine them with other forces (battleships) then fair enough. Otherwise if they come up against any shield they are not even going to scratch it.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• It is called cannon fodder/combined arms. Your light fighters will take the losses while your battleships survive.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• FWIW, here's what I was talking about earlier:

2598 battleships attacked, of which three died. Incidentally, the attacker isn't even in the top ten in fleet score.
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Still the defender had no battleships to speak of.

Perhaps his were away at the time and he could not afford the duet to send his light fighters or did he need them for the task.

Comment

• Probes give the same amount of fleet score that battleships and death stars do.

And muh. All my cows are going into vacation mode. :/
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Pray for me - I hit 5k.

Comment

Working...
                                X