Apolyon vs the Universe! - Part 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's not against BOF, but here's my biggest hit to date:

The following fleets are facing each other at 12-05 19:07:56 , as it came to a battle::

Attacker Cyclotron (3:479:12)
    Weapons: 70% Shields: 60% Hull Plating: 70%
    Type L.Cargo L.Fighter H.Fighter Cruiser B.Ship
    Number 5 4 63 5 1
    Weaponry: 8.5 85 255 680 1700
    Shields 40 16 40 80 320
    Hull 2040 680 1700 4590 10200

Defender spacefighter (3:480:10)
    Weapons: 0% Shields: 0% Hull Plating: 40%
    Type H.Fighter Sol. Sat Miss. S.Laser
    Number 22 21 55 21
    Weaponry: 150 1 80 100
    Shields 25 1 20 25
    Hull 1400 280 280 280

The attacker has won the battle!
    He captures
    45550 Metal, 45550 Crystal and 45550 Deuterium

The attacker has lost a total of 34000 Units.
    The defender has lost a total of 414000 Units.
    At these space coordinates now float 45900 Metal and 42900 Crystal.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• I just started this game in Uni 8. Need a noob in the alliance? Any tips you can give me?

I just got a shipyard online. There are a few Hellas in my solar system. I don't have any idea how combat or raiding works.

Comment

• My advice is to start working on technologies first, and to keep spending - if you don't have any resources lying around, nobody will attack you.

Go for espionage probes, small cargo ships (and then large cargo ships), and colony ships. Don't bother with any combat ships (fighters, etc.) just yet. Wait on defense for a while. Once you have espionage probes and cargo ships, you can start making raids on undefended inactive players, and put the funds towards colonies.
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• And yes, we're always glad to have noobs in the alliance

BinTravkin, Kataphraktoi and Cyclotron have begun only recently, and they're already pretty advanced. You can do it too

Hueij will accept you into our alliance (Apolyton) if you candidate. Also, please tell us your coordinates so that we can send you some resources for a headstart

(Edit: note, give freely the location of your home planet in the thread, but don't ever give the location of your colonies - the home planet is an information open to every player of Ogame, but the colonies are your (and our) secret)

Also, notice that we welcome noobs with open arms, but we tend to kick the players who have been inactive for too long (abolout 2 weeks IIRC)
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Also, notice that we welcome noobs with open arms, but we tend to kick the players who have been inactive for too long (abolout 2 weeks IIRC)
            SirOsis - this is, of course, excluding vacation mode, which can go on as long as you want it to.

Comment

• Well I applied. I noticed that Spaced is 1 solar system away from me. Neighbors?

Comment

• Added SirOsis to the Alliance. Just a nOOb and already 16 points!

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

• I'd say you don't even need espionage for a while Sir Osis, just see what you need for small cargos (in 'Technology') and once you have one, ask neighbours to scan an inactive(undefended) for you.
                  After that just go on crazy raiding rampage.

Also, ask for resources should you arrive at need, but never send yours to player ranked higher than yours unless you've made a trade agreement.

If any further advice needed, just put your question here!
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• BinTravkin, Kataphraktoi and Cyclotron have begun only recently, and they're already pretty advanced. You can do it too
                    cranking out battleships,but i lost like 3000 points to a fleetcrash (i was busy that morning unexpectedly)
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• i can gather more resources with lower score,than i can when i was 6000+. for instance,a player nearby has about 400k resources piled up,and was one of my main cows before i got strong. his score was low enough to shield him from the big boys. now that im low again,i can rake in the cash like crazy,and be safe from the bad guys.ill have to check the score system to see about staying below 5000 for awile to get a corps of Bships out ,if thats feasible
                      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• You can just keep fleetsaving your resources constantly, and never build anything, and your score won't go up, but you'll get to the point where you need to build more large cargoes to hold it all.

Comment

• Looks like one of my cows got angry, he's sending a fleet of 112 fighters at me...

Unfortunately, my fleet is away, so I won't be able to give him a proper welcome, but he won't get any resources. Too bad!

Comment

• still cant get circular messages working

new colony at 2:436:11

that is all folks
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                              still cant get circular messages working

new colony at LOCATION DELETED

that is all folks
                              Added to the list, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T POST COLONY LOCATIONS ON THE OPEN BOARDS. If you want them added, just send an in-game message to anyone with King status or above.

Edit: We're getting close to the limit on how large our internal text can get. Hmmm.
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Chaunk- You're right.

4:37:8 (Monkey Madness- Spear Monkey) from the ZeN alliance just scanned one of my colonies.

Just for future reference.
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X