No announcement yet.

Mafia 40 : The Edge of Reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With both Doctors now dead Adagio was forced to step up into the role of leader of the Sanitarium. He knew that the doctors had obviously been looking down the worng track and had so far not sorted out who the killer was.

So in what he thought was a stroke of genious he decided the killer must be the one peson who had rarely been seen, and though he was the last of the guards that may be able to protect himself, Adagio decided that Theben had to go.

Later that day the survivors were all celebrating with some experimental drugs from Drspike's cabinet. adagio felt they al ldeserved a party. It had been a terrible week of death. Adagio and Chaunk watched over the patients and visitors and smiled at each other. This was the end they thought.

But as they looked over the gathered people they suddenly realised that someone was misisng. Th rowdy Scotsman was now where to be seen. At first they assumed he would be on his computer posting one of his many thoausands of posts per day. But after they checked his cell they realised they had partyed too early. For there was Paddy the Scot covered in blood laying in the corner of his padded cell, he had been slashed with one singular deep slash to his neck, it had almost decapitated him.

Adagio sat down on the floor in amazment, he was sure he had solved the crimes. But now here lay one of the more respected of the patients, dead because he didnt know a clue from a red herring. Chaunk wandered over and said "maybe we have been ovrlooking the obvious! "
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Code:
      NameRole Status
      1. rahPatient Suspect
      2. Skanky Burns PatientSuspect
      3. Paddy the ScottPatientSlashed to death
      4. James the DLPatient Suffocated
      5. NikolaiPsychiatristSuspect
      6. JonchaVisitorSlashed to death
      7. Lord NuclearVisitor Suffocated
      8. Spaced Cowboy VisitorSuspect
      9. JaguarGuardSuspect
      10. KassiopeiaAssistant Suspect
      11. ThebanGuardSuspect
      12. JonnyVisitorAlive
      13. Civman2000Patient Suffocated
      14. Adagio AssistantAlive
      15. DrSpikeChief Psychiatrist Suffocated
      16. LjubeGuard Slashed to death
      17. HerculesPatientAlive
      18. ChaunkReceptionistAlive
      19. ReismarkPatient Slashed to death
      20. Snoopy369 Chief GuardSuspect
      21. TuberskiVisitorAlive
      22. IllumiatusPatient Slashed to death

Last edited by Rasputin; December 8, 2005, 19:15.

Comment

• Hmm. I'll take Nikolai's clue and go with Jonny. No idea what else to go on
        Play hangman.

Comment

• you bring shame to your avatar !!!!

Comment

• Surely, my friend, you must admit that Nikolai's clue is a bit too obvious? Especially considering that the clues pointing to the other murderer have been much more cryptic. The fact that Ras has gotten Nikolai to essentialy explain the clue to us makes it seem too... forced.

That said, I believe that I have figured out the identity of the strangler: Hercules. Each strangling has a hidden reference to the mythological Hercules:

*The snake skin in the most recent story... could be referring to Hercules's skinning of the Nemean Lion and the slaying of the Hydra (the two tales apparently confused together by a mental patient).

*The steak in LN's murder refers to the flesh-hungry Cerberus.

*In civman2000's strangling, someone was heard saying "you are a bore," referring to Hercules's capturing the Erymanthian Boar.

*In James's strangling, "my wife my kids" refers to Hercules's murder of his own wife Megara and children, induced by Hera.

So let us remove of Hercules, and rid ourselves of a murderer.

Comment

• Hey Raz, are you sure there are any clues in those stories? And more importantly, have you assigned any mafia or are you just playing with us?

Comment

• You're just stealing my idea
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I want in on the next

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Chaunk.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube
                      Hey Raz, are you sure there are any clues in those stories? And more importantly, have you assigned any mafia or are you just playing with us?
                      you mean i was meant to write clues and select a mafia !!!!

Damn sorry ljube i must have forgottn to do that..

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                        You're just stealing my idea
                        which idea.. maybe it could have saved your life !!!

Comment

• <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Votes so FAR ...

Code:
                            NameVoted for
                            TuberskiChaunk
                            ChaunkJonny
                            JonnyHercules
                            Hercules not voted
                            Adagionot voted

Comment

• A clue, just came from Raz:

shhhh

but as it is about to come to a grixzzly end,,

i can reveal someone has posted the truth about both mafia !!!!

Comment

• That's it! The mafia is MEGAJARS!

How could we have missed it?
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X