Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia 40 : The Edge of Reason

The Edge of Reason

The Apolyton Sanitarium stood like a castle on a hill. It gave all that entered it a fantastic view of the country side around. From the far hills full of towering timber to the valley and the slowly babbling brook that ran just outside the gates.

The Chief Psychiatrist DrSpike always enjoyed his morning drive out to the place he called Heaven. He has made many a change from the stifling atmosphere left by his predecessors. Today was just another day for him, one more day to speak to his favourite patients and reassure them all, that they were getting better and better in every way.

The patients in the sanitarium were strangely all suffering from the same psychosis. They all believed that they were Mafia Hit men. They all came to the sanitarium with stories of their heyday when they had murdered whole villages of the inhabitants. Some even spoke of Cruise Ships they had bordered and also left all slain in their path.

DrSpike found this all amazing. He loved to hear their tales of being poisoned, stabbed , hung, shot and many other forms or mutilation. His most favourite patients were going to be in his early morning Group Session. There was Rah (god like belief in his right to be a Mafia killer), Skanky Burns (who preferred to do his killing in a Waiters Suit), Paddy the Scot, (who appeared to be way too busy sitting at his computer all day to be a mafia but he too told stories of murder and lust), and the strange yet quiet James the DL. Dr Spike knew little about James and hoped to get him to open up today.
    Later in the afternoon Dr Spike intended to meet more of his patients, Civman2000, Reismark, Hercules and Illuminatus. These were his patients who had shown the greatest move towards recovery and normal life. But still there was a long way to go.
    For lunch today he was due to meet with young Doctor Nikolai. A newly graduated psychiatrist from the European Colleges. Dr Spike was very interested to learn new ways of delving into the human mind. Dr Spike's routine was the same most days and he preferred things done his way.
    As Dr spike entered the lobby of the majestic building he noticed the early morning visitors had arrived especially early today. Speaking to the Receptionist Chaunk he saw what appeared to be two brothers, Jonny and Tuberski. They were having a vocal argument about the time the could visit their friend Hercules today. Against the far wall were more visitors waiting to see family or friends. Joncha and Spaced Cowboy appeared to have met before and were chatting away. Standing all alone was Lord Nuclear, Dr Spike had never like him and wondered how a lovely patient like Resimark could accept Lord Nuclear visiting him.
    Dr Spike used his ID Card to enter his office and fired up his computer. Soon he had 42 new emails to read. The first ones were just the usual Spam Mail so he deleted them, following them was email from his chief Guard Snoopy369. Snoopy was complaining about the lack of Guards rostered on this week. He felt that Jaguar , Ljube and Theben may be limited in their ability to respond to any emergency. Dr Spike just laughed, he had worked here for nearly 8 years now and the ynever had any emergencies here.
    He grabbed his set of notes from yesterday and called his two assistants, Kassiopeia and Adagio to join him on his first rounds of the day.
    He whistled to himself as he thought, Yes its just another day at the office.

But it wasn’t, things were soon to turn this day into one everyone would prefer to forget forever.
    Last edited by Rasputin; November 29, 2005, 22:47.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Code:
    NameRole Status
    1. rahPatient Alive
    2. Skanky Burns PatientAlive
    3. Paddy the ScottPatientAlive
    4. James the DLPatient Alive
    5. NikolaiPsychiatristAlive
    6. JonchaVisitorAlive
    7. Lord NuclearVisitor Alive
    8. Spaced Cowboy VisitorAlive
    9. JaguarGuardAlive
    10. KassiopeiaAssistant Alive
    11. ThebanGuardAlive
    12. JonnyVisitorAlive
    13. Civman2000Patient Alive
    14. Adagio AssistantAlive
    15. DrSpikeChief Psychiatrist Alive
    16. LjubeGuard Alive
    17. HerculesPatientAlive
    18. ChaunkReceptionistAlive
    19. ReismarkPatient Alive
    20. Snoopy369 Chief GuardAlive
    21. TuberskiVisitorAlive
    22. IllumiatusPatient Alive

Last edited by Rasputin; November 30, 2005, 18:06.

Comment

Will post the first murder tomorrow, which wil lallow all players to check in and see who they are and also allow the slected mafia to relay to me his/her plans ...

Comment

"This is a great honour, being allowed to work with such a reknown psychiatrist like the great DrSpike!" Nikolai thought to himself, while he went down the hall, nodding and smiling to the persons he met.
        "A great honour indeed... And he is supposed to be a friendly and supportive guy too."
        *whistle*
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

/me assists furiously
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

/me is very patient with Kassiopeia
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

/me chats with Spaced Cowboy chattily.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

/me wonders what language joncha's trying to speak.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Woohoo! Receptionist is a huge step up on my current job of "lazy bum".
                  Play hangman.

Comment

But I'm afraid the job might be hard on your psych after a while...

Comment

Well, I'm a student right now, if I were an assistant at my faculty, I believe I would have a doctorate or at least a licenciate
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Just look up to DrSpike. He had his doctorate at 25 (maybe even 24). You still have some 5-6 years to match his accomplishments.

Comment

And once again I'm not made the mafia.

Comment

I'm not so sure that it's a good strategy to claim that...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube
                              Just look up to DrSpike. He had his doctorate at 25 (maybe even 24). You still have some 5-6 years to match his accomplishments.
                              Yeah, but he was also better than average at Warcraft, and didn't speak to a girl until he was 26. Do the math(ematics - not economics! )

Comment

Working...
                              X