New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promising.

/me loads up Google Maps to try and find it...

But there's still work to do here, I think.

Comment

• Nice

A few large tiles with lots of water & islands would be good, I'd really like to make a watery city that uses ferries and stuff. Something like a large city on the southern coast of that chew-toy island (i can always godmode in some smaller islands)

It also looks like there will be a few solid land tiles, this game my city was the heaviest developed of the 3 mostly-land tiles (Glemshire, Elmwood) which is probably the main reason for the massive population. A bunch of other cities had the same population density but 10-20% less land.

Comment

• Similarly (but not quite so extreme) as Blake, I'd like a square in there somewhere with water between two landmasses ... something like either SW corner, or in the middle
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'd like a bit of the western coast of the chew-toy island and the island just to the west of it.

Comment

• Ferries would be very appropriate and realistic for this map.

There will be 3 large mostly water tiles, all covering parts of the island. Indeed the one on the west does include the smaller island, as is most realistic.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

Also: I see Smiley uploaded the original version of this region to the STEX, where it's been well-received thus far.
              Voted.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Tartarus is finished. I can't think of any other way to maltreat my residents.

And what is STEX btw?
                "

Comment

• SimTropolis EXchange

it's where among other things we get the mods adn the hole digging lots, and the trash chute.

Tartarus is finished. I can't think of any other way to maltreat my residents.

Perhaps a few disasters?
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

$92,296 positive cash ... and with the new semidecade, even more as loans expire

Blake's ideas worked like a charm

It's on the Server de Lemmy in about 2 secs. Pics come after dinner.

Comment

• I like this one:
                      Attached Files
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Pics: Silicon Beach 35

Silicon Beach pics:

Residential Island
                        The new residential development. Sadly this period was a R$$$ bust phase for my town, as no matter what I did they wouldn't come... but this little island brought my population from 30k residents to 80k. Not exactly sure where they're going, though ... some of the res buildings have 1000-2000+ residents, and no commuters. Perhaps they all work in the residential cleaning/maintenance industries?

Anyway, set up for a nice boom when it happens - private school and prep school, plus a library, are here just waiting for me to demolish R$ and R$$ homes.

Commercial Strip
                        The new commercial development. Along with Blake's advice, this strip gave me for a short time over $12k a month income - and paid for the extravagances like the Residential Island above. Also got a Convention center (east side). Didn't up the Airport traffic, however, and nobody seems to want to come and shop there ... yet they still exist, and some pretty high wealth stuff here and there too Perhaps Oceania is providing customers?

Bridge Across The River
                        This bridge combo just looks cool Nobody actually drives across it, despite low traffic everywhere - the R$/R$$ people in Residential Island don't seem to want to go to the Commercial Strip. Who knows ...

Convention Center
                        The Convention Center, and the pretty nifty suspension bridge "Silicon Gate Bridge". Need I say more

There's also a new zoo, a great library system, and some other developments (like our TV station!) too numerous to mention. Needless to say, Silicon Beach is no longer the armpit of the area

Next five years I'm considering a subway system ...

Comment

• WTF is going on with those beaches?

Comment

• I get weird graphics glitches too every now and then. They go away if you scroll the map a bit. I've fiddled around with the settings, but to no avail.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I have no idea That's 'levelled' land tho, so there's a pretty steep underwater dropoff ... but the beaches said they were ok being there

Comment

• maybe its a landscaped version of the Garbage Chute.

Comment

Working...
                                X