No announcement yet.

New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium regions are best to work on improving. Better good looking smaller ones, than big messy ones.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
      I think that is a good idea Blake, as far as the tile sizes.

I also liked all the water access on the the current map.
      Good to see everyone is in agreeance. Here is what the configuration of the map is going to look like. Gray blocks are all-water tiles.
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Any guesses where this is?

The terrain has been somewhat modified for to give all tiles around 50-75% land coverage and water access. Elevation still needs to be smoothed out.
        Attached Files
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• No idea. Canadeh or Asia again?
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I don't know...the island looks kind of familiar, but, I mean, it's an island...
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Labrador peninsula?
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Dibs on top-right, all those little islands look like loads of fun!

edit: For some reason I think it might be somewhere in scandinavia.

Comment

• It does look sort of like part of denmark, or norway?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'd guess Norway, but if the map is aligned like maps usually are (north is up), then the rivers (presumably fjords) are in the wrong direction.

Denmark sounds like a very good bet, though.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Denmark was my very first thought after "ferries" but I also thought I was just being biased since Denmark is one of the only overseas countries I've ever been to. (I remembered islands, and long bridges over sea and stuff)

So anyway I got off my lazy ass and downloaded a map.

Distorted, but it looks kinda like it.

Comment

• I think the scale may be off, and that the map is a larger detail... you should compare the scale bar and its setting to a view of the Denmark area with at the same scale. And since Google uses satellite images, distorted isn't really close enough, it needs to be practically a 1:1 match.

It looks Denmarkish, but so far nothing has shown it to actually be a bit of Denmark. That and the orientation is wrong, because the scale bar in the Google Maps pic clearly shows that where north is, and it's not in the east.

Comment

• I found it... it's Xiamen, China.

Comment

• Yeah, that is it.

I'm not really famialler with Google Maps, I did download it but havn't done anything beyond find my home and my parents home. I live too far south to have detailed scans of where I live, but I could pinpoint the dog kennels at my parents place =) - also nearby is an airport, and it clearly shows the planes on the runways, and also a plane in flight over a nearby river, at least I hope it was in flight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny
                              I found it... it's Xiamen, China.
                              Indeed it is.

Map of the area with some place names.

The red line is an international boundary between Xiamen, China, and Kinmen, Taiwan. Also known as Amoy and Quemoy, the islands were the scene of heavy battles during the 1950s and artillery duels in the following two decades.

Comment

• I was actually thinking Taiwan, but I had no reason for doing so. That's funny.

Good region. Smiley
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X