New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly OT, but semed the best place to ask

I accidently deleted my 'isle of dogs' medium size tile from the London map. I assume it is still somewhere in the London region folder, is there any easy way to find it, or do I need to load up each 'new city' tile to find it?
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Certainly the right place to ask..don't know if i can help you though.

I think when you delete a city/tile from within the game, the file in the regions folder is also deleted/reset, so there is no way to get your city back. I could be wrong.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• Takeshi Bay '35

Stats:

70,107 (70,185)
        17,690 (8,649)
        10,709 (11,572)

Upgraded one bridge to avenue (mainly for looks), cost me a bit so had to take two loans to rebuild stuff around it, also converted much land to commercial but CO$$$ is still through the roof.

Unfortunately some of my manufacturing industry started giving way for high-tech because of the increased land value, that may have to be fixed, whilst still keeping commercial land high.

Still HAVENT built a castle due to cash, I dont think its gonna fit in though, maybe on the high ground somewhere...

Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Lemmy, could I get an account too please?
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Boothbay 2035 (on Lemmy's page, thanks!)
            R: 60070
            C: 35158
            I: 8590

Despite an overall contraction of the city due to a region-wide glut in housing, Boothbay's commercial sector increased by roughly 50% in the last five years as it became a destination for workers from all over Kitakyushu. At the same time, the last of the city's manufacturing industry has been replaced by high-tech corporations, leaving a sparkling clean city with an affluent, educated populace and no annoying proles to be seen.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemmy
              Certainly the right place to ask..don't know if i can help you though.

I think when you delete a city/tile from within the game, the file in the regions folder is also deleted/reset, so there is no way to get your city back. I could be wrong.
              Actually, all the stuff from the default regions is stored under c:/program files/Maxis/SimCity 4/Regions/[region name], or wherever you installed SC4 to. So just find the city you're looking for and copy it over to the corresponding directory under My Documents/SimCity 4.

Edit:
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Sooooo...

What year are we playing to anyways?
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• 2035 right now.

Comment

• Ah, but to what year are we playing on the long run? 2100?
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                      Ah, but to what year are we playing on the long run? 2100?
                      UNTIL THE END OF TIME. Or until y'all get bored. Probably the latter.

(For reference: The original run went up through 2020 before everyone lost interest simultaneously, and the last run had everyone up through 2050-ish.)

Also: I see Smiley uploaded the original version of this region to the STEX, where it's been well-received thus far.
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• I don't know...I've always had this problem with Simcity. You get to a certain point, and all your land is filled up, there's not much more to build, and all continuing does is run you through the boom/bust cycle a few more times. At least the old version had an obvious end-point when your city was filled with arcologies. Maybe it's just that I'm not good enough to know what to do after that...I'm close to that point with this city, although I know there's places that need improvement.

Comment

• They should bring back arcologies

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
                            I don't know...I've always had this problem with Simcity. You get to a certain point, and all your land is filled up, there's not much more to build, and all continuing does is run you through the boom/bust cycle a few more times. At least the old version had an obvious end-point when your city was filled with arcologies. Maybe it's just that I'm not good enough to know what to do after that...I'm close to that point with this city, although I know there's places that need improvement.
                            Maybe the following rounds after this one can be 10 year rounds or 15 year rounds. That will make the cycle more exciting.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• But if everyone's ready to move on, here's a taste of the next map...
                              Attached Files
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Ooh, that looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X