No announcement yet.

New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doh, lost track of time and played 7 months into '20.

the save

Thanks to the population boom, i finally have more residents than commerce.

R: 16921
    C: 1883
    I: 167

The downtown area developed nicely, some low density areas where upgraded to medium density. This resulted in some traffic problems. Those were fixed by upgrading some streets to roads, and placing roundabouts on busy intersections.

West of the downtown area is the place to be if you want a place with a nice view.

And in the north, partially replacing farmland, next to the sea is another residential area.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• Do roundabouts actually work in game, I always figured it would cause traffic havoc.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• The one in my screenshot works great, the intersections were previously red, now the roundabout is green when i check the traffic data view, but i suppose you do have to create them in the right direction to not mess it up (clockwise for left-hand driving, and ccw for right-hand driving)

For avenues it takes a bit more effort to create one since a one-way round perpendicular on the end of an avenue can only be place in 1 direction, if it's in the wrong direction it won't be used. This because if you have a left-hand avenue, the traffic at the end turns right to turn back on the avenue. However for a roundabout you want the oneway road to turn right. So the trick is to split the avenue into 2 one-way roads right before the roundabout.
        Though i've never applied an avenue-roundabout in a highly congested area, so i don't know if it would be beneficial.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• I will build up the small square between Kassi, EPW, and me now.

Comment

• Speaking of the small squares, I'll take #3 between Glemshire and Takeshi Bay.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Ill take the one next to it (4).
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Slag Mountain

Day 2020
                Contractors report: Smiley built the city of Slag Mountain. This city is home to many heavy industries displaced from Takeshi Bay.
                Two nukes were launched from Missile Base Murray towards as yet unspecified targets.

Attached Files
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• The city's appearance so far... hmmm I ownder if any of those missiles will be deflected back in...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• The city's appearance so far... hmmm I ownder if any of those missiles will be deflected back in...
                    KITAKYUSHU BREAKING NEWS, Nuke hits Slagland, millions of dollars in property improvements

Will play my save soon, downloading y'alls cities...
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Maquiladora do you still have your 2015 city? Could you email it to me?

mrmitchell 1984 at hot mail dot communist
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• No i dont have it sorry.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Kenshi River City '20

Stats:

R: 3,547
                          C: 2,587
                          I: 2,404

All small residential and commercial, a mix of all types in medium industrial. Development is probably complete already in this city, its also self-sustaining so i doubt ill be making updates. Plus itll keep plenty of lower class in the region.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Current map to clarify:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Introducing South Floreat 2020.

This small city is sandwitched between Floreat City, Tartarus, and the region claimed by lord Kassiopeia.

The city is mostly a commercial and industrial center, with limited residential opprotunities. At first the mainland was developed with commercial and industrial, and the peninsula to the south was developed commercial as well. Then, an artifical barrier island was constructed to the west, for commercial and residential development. However the construction of the island had to be subsidized with a missile test site.

New connections: avenue built to Kassi.

Download:

Pics to come.

Comment

• South Floreat 2020 in pics.

The main portion of the city.

The new barrier island.

The bridge, and the development on Kassi's side.

Comment

Working...
                                X