No announcement yet.

New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's true. In some ways it's more "realistic". Altough you probably don't want to be using cities from a residential bust phase, some cities of some eras will absolutely kill demand, like Tartarus in year 10 gained a bunch of scrapers and Silicon Beach of year 5 had excessive industry. My fair city of Ohnoes has a huge comm population at 15, but then again all the brainiacs would no doubt help your demand in good ways.

If I was starting late I'd probably grab a couple neighbours from year 5, then a couple cities further away from year 10. It'd be a close enough approximation of the demand we experienced. Altough year 15 saves wouldn't be bad, as 15-20 looks to be an everything boom.
    Last edited by Blake; July 25, 2005, 14:50.

Comment

• Silly, or not silly, question.

Neighbor deals - in this mode - how do they work?

Should I only make deals after negotiating them directly with the person involved - or can I make them on my own, and not affect the other player?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• For those starting late, the best thing to do would be to play five years with no neighbors, and then import in the current ones, and play to present.

One neighbor deals: you ought to give the other person a heads up if you plan on doing it.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I shall try to finish play tomorrow. I'm having trouble with money in my city and it's causing me to take forever with it I think I just suck at this

More specifically, I'm not sure how to afford schooling for my sims. Probably my main problem is that I spread out my industry, residential, and commercial too much - mixed them too much, basically - so I need too many schools ... but without schools there's no money

Comment

• Tartarus 2015

Save: http://home.comcast.net/~epwood1/City_-_Epwood.zip
            "

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
              I shall try to finish play tomorrow. I'm having trouble with money in my city and it's causing me to take forever with it I think I just suck at this

More specifically, I'm not sure how to afford schooling for my sims. Probably my main problem is that I spread out my industry, residential, and commercial too much - mixed them too much, basically - so I need too many schools ... but without schools there's no money
              Try dozing the high school and putting another large elementry school across the other side, that should leave you with more profit to place libraries, to stop IQ from going down. Then when they get older replace the elementry schools with whatever suits.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Waiting for turn '15

Silicon Beach
                Oceana
                Hot Springs
                Glemshire (not expected - cant play until next week)
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Raise taxes - demand will go down, but people won't move out unless you raise them really high.
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Yup yup. Raise taxes, I havn't (significantly) lowered my taxes at all during the game, just .1% here and there.
                    Raise R$$$ taxes to 10.5%, the #1 cause of no job zots is an excess of high wealth sims, keep most of them out with high taxes.
                    Raise ID taxes to 20%, the existing dirty industry will stay no new will move in. The industry zoning will slowly get taken over by IM and eventually IHT (altough IHT tends to stay out of huge existing industry zones)

Altough you might want to lay down some dense residental lots for skyscrapers and get some to move in (they need to be watered healthed and schooled to move in quickly) before raising taxes.

Comment

• I thought I don't have a high enough population for high density things? Something like 22,000 pop to hit those?

Comment

• Those numbers are based on regional population, not city.

Comment

• I wanna play the next turn already!
                          All doubts about my evilness shall be dispelled. For example the SNAA snobs shall no doubt reclassify Ohnoes as a rogue state.

Comment

• Well, I'll give it another 14 hours or so, Snoopy and Atragon seem to be on their way.

Comment

• save posted

Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• I'll try to get my 2015 in tonight. I'm already in 2003
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X