Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EPW

Happy Birthday arty:

Did anyone notice the toll booths I added into the residential sections?
    How low you plan on getting that Mayor Approval Rating?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley

Perhaps we can allow strategic use of disasters in the next game?

Happy b-day, Lemmy.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
        Perhaps we can allow strategic use of disasters in the next game?

Well... I actually DID do that to remove the Army Base et al. from Floreat... I didn't know doing such was disallowed...

Comment

• Uploaded. I also grabbed the far-southeast corner (past the Pipeline) and zipped that in. Made it a cute little green space; it has roads connecting to all four sides, if anybody bothers to build something there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny

Well... I actually DID do that to remove the Army Base et al. from Floreat... I didn't know doing such was disallowed...
            I just didn't think of it

Comment

• Easy guide to getting back in bed with the Finance Advisor, custom tailored for Silicon Beach:

Go to Budget and dial back airport funding form $2000 to about $150.
              Knock out school bus funding, drop it to 0. Go around the schools and reduce funding to a more appropriate level.
              Take out some more loan to get positive city funds (more debt is generally a bad thing... but it's for a good cause)

Build a College and Museum so the sims don't lose the education they have gained. Libraries couldn't hurt either. Funding these global educators will cost far, far less than just the bus funding.

Rezone empty residential into commercial. Commercial is the most profitable zone because it has very low requirements, no education/health required, very low power usage - modest water usage is about the only cost. Not to mention this is a mega commercial boom phase.

If you're feeling tyrannical, raise all residential taxes to 20% for a while, atleast until the commercial can catch up with job creation.
              NOTE: Sims are hardcoded to not leave if their neighbourhood has high desirability, which is trivial to get. This basically means you can run 20% res taxes for 5 years with no negative consequences (other than mayor rating). This is way overkill, but if you want 10K/month NET profit....

Funnehs time.
              Refugees from Bubblevista make the long trek into Ohnoes:

What are they fleeing from? Maybe those dark omnious omnipresent forests? The lack of even a rudimentary public bus system? Maybe even they didn't want to find out....

Comment

• Onwards to Year 35!

Let the good times roll... 000's of new jobs created in Elmwood

Office development fueled an economic expansion with yet bigger highrises punctuating the Foodvale skyline.

There were plenty of detractors, however. While business was indeed booming and lots of jobs were being created, the citizens weren't getting all that much richer. In fact, rising in the back near the waterfront aren't luxury condos, but the Kidicigrad Towers housing project.
                Attached Files
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
                  Funnehs time.
                  Refugees from Bubblevista make the long trek into Ohnoes:
                  whaaaat I don't wanna know what the commute time for those guys is...

Comment

• WIth the budget in good shape, the Eastern Line has been built, connecting the monorail across the river and onto Yukuhashi Kanda. Transit officials now await for Mayor Kass to drive the Silicon Spike to finish the Kyushu-Honshu Monorail.

DL the city at Lemmy's upload zrea: http://lemmy.redial.net/simcity/kitakyushu/upload.php
                    Attached Files

Comment

• By the way, for next game I demand that we use the PEG Abyss Garbage Chute lot. I don't know what rules more about it, getting rid of the trash or the sheer comedy factor. Me, I use it to dump trash directely into the nearest river or ocean, where the current can make it someone elses problem!

(Balance-wise they cost $1 per garbage in running costs, the same as a funded W2E plant, but you can just not fund the W2E plant and dispose of 1000 garbage for free (except the pollution) )

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
                        By the way, for next game I demand that we use the PEG Abyss Garbage Chute lot. I don't know what rules more about it, getting rid of the trash or the sheer comedy factor. Me, I use it to dump trash directely into the nearest river or ocean, where the current can make it someone elses problem!
                        and from the looks of it it doesn't even seem to pollute the water....

Speaking of garbage, in the budget screen theres a line item for "pickup and delivery". What is this, and what happens if it gets underfunded?

Comment

• Ohnoes '35, now available at good Lemmy's download thingies everywhere!

R 111,451
                          C 68,687
                          I 12,065
                          $ 707,909

Ohnoes grows denser, with countless little gaps being zoned or grassed over. Residential population soars to over 110K, commercial population skyrockets as new skyscrapers reach for the heavens.

Tunnels and/or surface roads now link most street networks, for a unique driving experience.

The most significant piece of works was an Airstrip being carved out of the central ridge:
                          Last edited by Blake; August 8, 2005, 04:00.

Comment

• Ok, i see the use in having multiple files, i think i'll allow 1 file per year, so old saves will still be available. I thinking either allow 2-4 files, or delete them manually after some time.
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• DanS Propaganda
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• I have no idea where the pedestrians in Blake's screenshot are coming from, i don't have them in my game, i did get other pedestrians though.
                                Commuters came by train from Silicon Beach, and then walked from the station to Ohnoes because the rail connection wasn't set up right.
                                But i now fixed that entire corner and also connected the monorail to my own transit network...but unfortunately it wants me to reconcile my edges, and it will cost about 30k to reconstruct everything. I think i'll do that in the next 5 years.

In these 5 years however, it seems like Ben Towers and Reflect Systems Inc are taking over Bubblevista:

Old downtown

New downtown

Even along the main road connecting old and new.

Bubblevista also has a small hightech sector now, replacing the farms which were just in the way.

And to please the jetset population of Bubblevista, there are also 3 newly built marina's
                                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                                X