No announcement yet.

best star wars game? (nominations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about X-Wing vs Tie Fighter? Doesn't it have everything from X-wing and everything from Tie Fighter?

I want to play it again but the serial port on my computer seems to have disappeared. I really don't get how, and I know I played it on this PC before. It was a fun game I liked the Tie Interceptor the best on the Empire, and either the X-Wing or the Headhunter from the Alliance.
    I changed my signature

Comment

TIE Fighter.

Followed closely by KOTOR

Still haven't played KOTOR2 yet, installed. My wife is out for about a month in June, so perhaps then...

I only played vs briefly (pc at the time wasn't up for the mp)

Loved X-wing, but only with cheats to restore lost pilots.

Enjoyed the SNES trilogy games, less so the NES ones.

I had this kick-ass trench run game on an old Apple II-C (IIRC) that was probably illegitamate

I didn't play the DF sequels, pc was crap at the time.

etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
        Rebellion
        worst $50 I have ever spent

Comment

Birth of the Federation.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Comment

Tie fighter was better, because it was earlier, and XWing vs Tie Fighter was no better. X-Wing Alliance was decent, but the storyline on Tie Fighter was superior to any of the others, and the gameplay just as good.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Tie fighter was better, because it was earlier, and XWing vs Tie Fighter was no better. X-Wing Alliance was decent, but the storyline on Tie Fighter was superior to any of the others, and the gameplay just as good.
                The story just kicked ass. Saving the Emperor? Sure. Emperor's Hand? Fantastic! The Defenders were ridiculously easy.

Comment

Have to agree with Tie Fighter and the games that came after that. I spent so much time trying to beat that one scenario in the minefield
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

1. KOTOR

2. X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter. Flying around in an Interceptor was the shiz-nit. And having a Star Destroyer on your back was impressive.

3. Star Wars Battlefront. Yeah, it got some harsh reviews and doesn't really have a plot but I like the fact that I can pilot an AT-AT or an AT-ST. Kinda reminds me of a land-based X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter...man, I gotta get that game again.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                      Have to agree with Tie Fighter and the games that came after that. I spent so much time trying to beat that one scenario in the minefield
                      Is that the one where you gotta clear the minefield with the TIE-ln?
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Yeah, I spent forever trying to get it.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Damn, I could never beat that one. I wanted to punch my monitor so badly...a friggin TIE-ln sucks the worst.

Interceptors and Advanced are waaay better. I think the Defender was in there as well...

Comment

I think I played Tie Fighter ( or maybe it was X-wing). It didn't seem very fun to me. Space flying sims aren't my thing. Give me a RPG any day. Or a TBS game (not Rebellion)

Comment

Damn, I could never beat that one. I wanted to punch my monitor so badly...a friggin TIE-ln sucks the worst.

Interceptors and Advanced are waaay better. I think the Defender was in there as well...
                              My bro got it and helped me eventually solve it, but it took forever. Way harder than supposedly 'harder' scenarios.

Comment

Cheater! Yer supposed to do it yourself!

Anyway, I went to the lucasarts page and they're coming out with a new RTS called 'Empire At War'. Rebellion sucked The interface was monstrous and the micromanagement was horrible.

The old RTS for starwars...think was called "galactic battlegrounds" or something. Was ok...but the comp spammed like crazy those shield generators for the Gungans. But having a whole mess of AT-AT's was fun.

And Battlefront 2 is coming out this fall. Its a ground battle but also has space battles as well. I'm hoping it'll kinda be like the old X-Wing vs TIE fighter game. Can't wait till the fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X