No announcement yet.

Sims 2: Who has it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually find it hard to play The Sims because this game requires the player to form a web of social interactions with other sims. And I am by nature an anti-social person.

This is why the game is so limited, IMO: it seems to be an open-ended game, but it actually forces the player to do certain things IF you want to maximise the experience the game has to offer.

Sure, you could argue that The Sims is not a "game" in the true sense of the word, and therefore any possible outcome of your actions in the game ARE the entire experience. But the designers of this sequel were clearly aiming to introduce some sense of "objective" or "goal" in The Sims 2, and when you have only one path leading to that objective, then the whole experience feels constrained.

(I wonder if what I wrote above makes any sense...)
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• The Sims is marketed towards, to put it bluntly, girls. Girls are social creatures, hence the emphasis on social interaction.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Ah, then that is why it doesn't work for me.

Actually, I'm still having some fun with the game. My baby is now a child and is going to public school. I decided to put aside my social inadaptation and I'm trying to interact more with other sims...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          The Sims is marketed towards, to put it bluntly, girls. Girls are social creatures, hence the emphasis on social interaction.
          What I want to know is exactly how many girls buy The Sims. I keep on hearing that it's got a huge female audience but have yet to see much evidence for that - not that I find it unbelievable, but it just seems to be taken as an article of faith.
          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

• I do know more guys than girls who plays (or have played) The Sims...

... but that doesn't say much since I know more guys than girls
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The Sims is marketed towards, to put it bluntly, girls.

Do you want to reveal something to the forum?

Comment

• Yes. I didn't buy the game.

It is worth playing, but it didn't hold my interest for a great period of time. While better than Sims 1, beyond a certain point you get used to the changes and the only "goal" left is to get to the top of your respective career - a goal you will have long since achieved before getting sick of Sims 1.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The Sims is marketed towards, to put it bluntly, girls. Girls are social creatures, hence the emphasis on social interaction.
                  he just sucks

even a guy with social anxiety such as myself can do well at that game. It's an easy game. It's easy to make enough friends to get to the top of your career path. Once I do that I say **** off to my friends . Kind of like in real life.

Comment

• I play sims2 and I'm proud of it. I don't need to shoot creatures and men to prove I'm a man. .

I may reinstall this game. I'm in the mood for it again. It's a fun game, there are a few more things I'd like to try. I'm not really interested in the expansion packs. Just like I never bought the expansion packs for the first game. The expansion packs seem so frilly. The house is where the core gameplay goes in my opinion. Who cares about things like shopping or going to college. In fact in sims2, I never go to the store. . I did once just to see what it was like. I'm perfectly happy having my sims wear the same outfit day after day. I usually dress the hotter female sims in underwear or a swimsuit anyways. Or in her formal attire.

Comment

• I usually dress in the same clothes everyday. It makes sense for my sims to be the same.

Comment

• The x-pack ('s' soon to be added ) does give a little more to the house... but not that much

Why can't they make an x-pack that makes house building much much better
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio

Why can't they make an x-pack that makes house building much much better
                          Don't worry, they'll do it... Only it will be the 13th x-pack for the game, right after The Sims 2: Bloomingdale's and right before The Sims 2: I Have No D!ck And I Must Pee.

Comment

Yes. I didn't buy the game.

It is worth playing, but it didn't hold my interest for a great period of time. While better than Sims 1, beyond a certain point you get used to the changes and the only "goal" left is to get to the top of your respective career - a goal you will have long since achieved before getting sick of Sims 1.
                            You admit playing it. You say it's for girls. What's left to prove?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

You admit playing it. You say it's for girls. What's left to prove?
                              If I play a game thats marketed toward 25 year olds, would that make me 25 years old? And if so, does anyone know where I can find such a game?
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Don't be silly......playing games cannot change your age.

Just your gender.

Comment

Working...
                                X