No announcement yet.

Sims 2: Who has it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone download content. how does that work? I noticed you can connect to the internet in game. I alway deny internet access for zone alarm. but I'm wondering what you can do in game?

any other good things I should download?

I've been playing a lot last night. It's getting tough with a household of 5 people. My 2 youngest kids don't have as high as aspiration as I'd like going into adulthood (in 1 day). But they have A+ in their grades. What do grades do for you? anything? My oldest daughter is CEO. I think she's almost maxed out in her career. When she maxes out I'll probably have her move out of the house. I'm getting her into a lesbian relationship (though I've barely had time- I'm trying to max out her career as early as possible)

And when do I die? I've been an elder like 10 days. I'm ready to die as soon as I become a granparent. . I think I had a fairly high aspiration when I did the age transition, so I may live a while.

Comment

• I don't have the game (nor plan to any time soon), but it's largely the same as with the original The Sims: new skins, furniture, house layouts etc. And yes, some people still want to be paid for their minor mod work. I don't know how close to running afoul of EA Games' copyrights that is, but I wouldn't bother anyway.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• I retired, and my oldest daughter maxed out in the business career. She also turned into a lesbian . She had her girlfriend move in. And they formed a civil union (or whatever the game calls them). After that, I had them move out. I have no idea where they went I guess I have to leave the lot and select that family and then find a lot for them if I ever want to play them.

My son is now a lieutenant in the police force. He's close to the top I think. And he's dating a cop lady.

And my youngest daughter hasn't been as successful. I made a mistake and chose romance aspiration when I really meant to have her take family aspiration. Getting married sent her to the bottom of the aspiration meter. she needed a little therapy after that . She's pregnant with general buzz's child now. And General buzz moved in. The cool thing he's already maxed out in his career . He's a 0 on the serious serious/fun scale

Now I'm just waiting to die. People are hoping in a patch they extend the life span, but I think it's long enough. I'm ready to die so I can start a new game. But I want to see what happens when I die. Although perhaps they could shorten the elderly years and add on some more adult years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

Now I'm just waiting to die. People are hoping in a patch they extend the life span, but I think it's long enough. I'm ready to die so I can start a new game.
          Another quote to put on the box.

Comment

• If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• I got the game, came home to load it, and it would not load. I thought I had a bad disk, so I returned it for another and it still would not load. Call Tech support and after we found out my Computer spec. were OK, the Tech ask if I had a CDR. or any other copy programs and I said yes, I have a CDR. and he said I would have to uninstall the program, because the game detected my CDR. and will not load.
              Will and Company are worried about people making copies of his game. The Tech told me, they have received many calls regarding my problem.
              I returned the game, and until they make a change, I will not buy the game again.

Comment

• I bet you all new games will do that now.

Comment

• They'd better not or I'll make sure I pirate all of them just out of spite. How low can companies stoop? Stopping you playing the game because of your legal ownership of a cdr is just wrong.

Comment

• Yeah, that sucks...

The Settlers 3 had something like that. Ok, it didn't check if you had some certain HW or SW installed, but somehow it checked if the .exe file was the correct one or not. If it were it created some weird errors on purpose (like trees not growing and iron 'factories' produced pigs or something like that)... It backfired though, since those with a legal version of the game also experienced that problem, while those with a pirated copy had a greater chance getting it to work
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• That sounds a bit off, considering a CD-R can't really be used to pirate a modern game anyway - except by people who know enough to circumvent any copy-protection, ofcourse wouldn't be the first time over-zealous copy protection has caused far more harm than good. Personally I'd have just used a no-cd crack.

Comment

• Legal copies are too much of a hassle quite often. Many times I have kept using my pirated copy despite owning a legal version of the game. Its rather sad - I trust pirate groups more than I trust games publishers.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Yes, they are better at making games work.

Comment

• Superpower2 uses Starforce and people are spitting blood over that demanding it be removed in a future patch, especially considering it seems someone has already defeated it.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Legal copies are too much of a hassle quite often. Many times I have kept using my pirated copy despite owning a legal version of the game. Its rather sad - I trust pirate groups more than I trust games publishers.
                              Same here... I own SimCity 4, but I have never had that cd in the drive, even though I bought it the day it was released...
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I don't care if no one else is playing it, I'll still post here

I finally died. I was the last one in my household to die. All my kids moved out. I had a pretty successful family. A son a lietenant in the police force. A daughter at the top of the business career (tycoon I believe the title is). And another daughter who had a baby from a general. So I even had grandkids.

Pretty cool death will sit down and watch television in your house for a while after you die .

Too bad my house and money don't go to my kids . Although they do have life insurance benefits, but it doesn't seem like my kids got any. They weren't living in lots at the time. Perhaps that is the reason why. My offspring still only started off with 20,000 simoleans to move into a new lot.

Enough of that.

Now the real fun begins

I could have made the appearances even more sinister than this screen shot. But the mouths and other facial features don't look to good when they extend beyond the boundaries of the face.

The fat man is called Dick- he's the pimp. The adult woman is called crack ho. The daughter is called slut. The boy is called satan. And the toddler is called fartknocker.

Let's see what kind of fun the can get into...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X