No announcement yet.

Too many Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what patches and expansions are for. I am not going to pay for something that the developers should have done right in the first place, again.

If the game is completely craptasic. Yeah, releasing a remade game for sonsumer to buy would be a dirty move. but that isn't the norm. Most games that get remade usually build alot more upon a game that had alot of potential.

Most Gamers (especially PC) are so ****ing spoiled IMO. And really retarded. Most gamers would be willing to pay for a exact same game with a face lift, but complain like a mofo if they see a same exact looking game with immense balance change. Street fighter: world warrior VS SuperStreet Fighter Turbo is not the same game. And its not just adding 4 new characters. Its near decade of fine tuned game balancing between the 2 game. And most PC gamers would just expect patches like that to just come out for absolutely no cost.

Blizzard does that **** and its simply amazing. Patching and expansion is just awesome. I mean it would just give any hardcore fighting gamer a wetdream since we've traditionally re-released the game, and we had to rebuy an updated version. Even so, any fighter gamer will tell you, paying for small calculation changes in the game system is worth every single penny? Why? Cause it radically changes the game. Playing my top tier guild could get a lil boring for my opponent, so lil change such as 'guile's sonic boom has more frame disadvantage while other people's fireball has slight increase in frame recovery' would make game play out completely different again. Its a really really simple task of edditing values. Yeah... it seems such a trivial task. But how much work does it require to find these kind of changes? Thousands of playtesting and extremely good players. It seems to me that patching completely spoils the ungrateful bastards that doesnt see that trying to make a fine game is tremendous amount of work. Just be thankful that you EVEN get a patch... There's nothing to complain when you get a remaked game that IMPROVES gameplay. WTF.
    Last edited by Zero; August 16, 2004, 03:28.
    :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus

Is Diablo 2 still worthwhile to buy those days? There's no public information on a new Diablo in works right?
      well with diablo2, they never hit that balanced stage... but what blizzard did was ingenious. They kept trying to balance it by tinkering with the game until everyone who liked the game got bored of it. So while we were playing, we felt that game was progressing toward balance.

i quit after 1.09. In 1.10, d2 got a major balance change. even then i heard there was some game issues. But most by then didn't care whether the game was balanced or not. They had enough enjoyment out of playing it...

UR: if anything, D2 a good example of ur case actually now that i think about it. All the patching (including d2x should have been free original game just SUCKED)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Too many Remakes

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Yes. Essentially it's a rehashed Warcraft 2, which more races and a couple of other things thrown in.

More races, the introduction of heroes, and a better and more varied campaign mean that it is not a rehash.

Comment

Is Diablo 2 still worthwhile to buy those days? There's no public information on a new Diablo in works right?

Blizzard North is currently working on an unannounced project, Diablo 3 is a possibility.

Judging by how long it took them to get the latest Diablo patch out, I think they have probably been working on it since Lord of Destruction came out (Unless they got paid to work very slowly on patching it...), so it should be announced soon, maybe when WoW comes out to keep the hype wagon churning.
          Last edited by Gamecube64; August 16, 2004, 12:16.
          I changed my signature

Comment

I'm planning on buying Diablo 2, when I can.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Too many Remakes

Originally posted by DrSpike
              More races, the introduction of heroes, and a better and more varied campaign mean that it is not a rehash.
              Okay, so you got these heroes. Otherwise, there is no difference in the game mechanics. Therefore, it's a rehash. Or, if you prefer, it's a remake.

If you look at Warlords 3 compared to Warlords 2, or even RRT 2 as compared to RRT, there are differences in game mechanics.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i think you are over simplifying vastly. game mechanices are the similar because it's a rts, duh. you can't even call it a remake, it's clearly a sequel. have you even played wc2 and wc3? wc3 is much deeper in every way than wc2. new tactics/strategies, build orders, micro, bnet, sheer numbers of units/spells/buildings, etc are complexity upon complexity above and beyond wc2.

why do you have such an axe to grind with blizzard's games? did one of them kill your cat?
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                  i think you are over simplifying vastly. game mechanices are the similar because it's a rts, duh. you can't even call it a remake, it's clearly a sequel. have you even played wc2 and wc3? wc3 is much deeper in every way than wc2. new tactics/strategies, build orders, micro, bnet, sheer numbers of units/spells/buildings, etc are complexity upon complexity above and beyond wc2.

why do you have such an axe to grind with blizzard's games? did one of them kill your cat?
                  No PG, UR is soo right. You and I know jack****. Clearly counter strike and UT2k4 is a remake of wolfenstein 3d. The way you shoot at ur enemies? boring. Cant they innovate better than that? The concept is too similar. FPSes suck.

And RPGs? Man those hitpoints and spells are lame. And why do racing games all have cars that go around in circuits? Man I can make a better game than that these lame foolzzzzz!!!1!!!!!

Okay, so you got these heroes. Otherwise, there is no difference in the game mechanics.

Completely ignoring the fact that hero isnt the only thing WC3 has it going..... you realize how much game changes hero makes in a typical match of WC3? Entire unit builds and strategies are planned around the type of primary hero you plan out.....

Comment

I see I don't need to respond.

Comment

Working...
                    X