Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FG: Nuclear War XV: Don't get MAD, get even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That information would help.

Comment

• My bad, edited.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Hmmm, I thought we had weekend rules in NW.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Sent

While playing this game I have been reminded of the 80's movie "War Games" (and for anyone too young to remember, it was about an AI which took over control of the U.S. Nuclear Control System and gradually increased readiness to a point where the USSR was ready to counterstrike or first strike the US. The computer was convinced of the uselessness of Nuclear War by first playing Tic Tac Toe and then later "Thermonuclear War" against itself, with both games resulting in a draw in all instances...and in the case of Thermonuclear War, the draw meant anniliation of both sides. The final words of the computer come to me while playing this game..."A strange game, the only way to win, is not to play"
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sent.

Comment

• Orders sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
                Hmmm, I thought we had weekend rules in NW.
                That is what you get for doing your own thinking! We had Sunday off last week because I forgot to send home the orders file. I did not have that problem this week. Also You can give default orders at any time during the game. I think that Doc has changed his at least twice.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Day 10: "Punball nukes"

VJ starts off the day by shouting some nonsense about GT attacking peaceful neighbors and sends 2 nukes in his direction. GT went to turn on his deflectors, but found the system down and beyond repair thanks to a spy form VJ and a spy from Sparrowhawk.

Sparrowhawk also decided that DrSpike's "under the radar" strategy is not going to work anymore and sends 4 nukes in his direction. DrSpike had his deflectors on, however, and sent two nukes back to VJ.

Other players were again working on secret projects. In an unrelated event, DrSpike's spy sabotaged his own stockpile.

Cities
                  1. Skanky Burns
                  - WASTED
                  2. General Tacticus - Delta Serpentis, Epsilon Pegasi, Gamma Draconis
                  3. DrSpike - Jamski chainsawed to death, Jamski bludgeoned with a hammer, Jamski pwn3d me
                  4. Smiley - WASTED
                  5. Kuciwalker - WASTED
                  6. Whoha - WASTED
                  7. Loinburger - WASTED
                  8. Hercules - WASTED
                  9. Theben - Death to Johnny, I Will Kill Johnny, Johnny is Radioactive Glow Worm Food, Jonny Will Die Regardless, Jonny Got His Gun
                  10. VJ - Spamville D.C., Smiley, Your momma
                  11. Jonny - WASTED
                  12. Sparrowhawk - Sparrow

Comment

• Thizz has too many cities
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Damn incompetent spies.

Comment

• Sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                          Thizz has too many cities
                          Dead men are supposed to tell no tales.
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy

That is what you get for doing your own thinking! We had Sunday off last week because I forgot to send home the orders file. I did not have that problem this week. Also You can give default orders at any time during the game. I think that Doc has changed his at least twice.
                            Actually I tried to send orders Sunday, and Poly wasacting stupid again, so I waited until later. Trust me when I say I didn't have any other opportunity to get in (non-default) orders.

But whatever. Just don't be late in any of your Gladiator orders.

Comment

• Yeah the new fast structure with default orders is much better. Ok everyone will miss turns, but if you plan you wont lose out.

Comment

• Ya really got nothing to complain about, no one even nuked ya last turn. It's not as bad as say, Galactic Overlord, where if you dont sent orders and get attacked, you automatically lose.
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X