No announcement yet.

Best of the SNES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario Kart - good to see this is winning so far. best game ever. I remember placing bets on battle mode.
    Super Metroid - only type of game similar to Castlevania that I would actually admit could be a better series...
    Final Fantasy 2/4 - "Cecil, I am your father.... brother!"
    Final Fantasy 3/6
    Secret of Mana
    Chrono Trigger
    Street Fighter - If you know me.....
    Other - All the Castlevania series
    Other - not officialy imported or translated. - My first thought, Dracula X: Rondo's blood.

Game I havent voted but deserves mentioning...

Super Knockout
    Starfox
    Earthbound
    Breath of Fire (1 or 2)
    Super Mario World - would have voted for it, but didnt play as much as games above so...
    Yoshi's Island
    F-Zero - Good, but not as good as mario kart
    Zelda: A link to the past - Only zelda game I enjoyed. That deserves something..
    :-p

Comment

I have to agree with Zero that Super Mario Kart is the best game EVER on SNES-man, the fun, excitment, the insanity...great great game.

Ogre Battle is also a top notch game.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
        I would take the SNES version over the N64 any day.
        They each have their charms.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Killer Instinct was fun.
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Mario!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

FF6, the greatest adventure-RPG ever (and one of the funniest).

Super Mario World
              Legend of Zelda: LTP
              SimEarth (much better on the eyes than the old computer version)
              Ogre Battle
              Super Metroid
              Crrono Trigger

EVO was fun, but I hated the bosses (especially the queen wasp at the end of the late Paleozoic world) and the developers had made a lot of mistakes with the scientific names and the underlying science behind the game.

Comment

iirc in evo there was a creature which totally owned the queen wasp but it was really hard to get. when i played evo i used zsnes with save states so i found optimal creatures very quick. heh.
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

i wish Keen would be put on console, or at least back into the main stream, I miss the litle guy.
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    I have to agree with Zero that Super Mario Kart is the best game EVER on SNES-man, the fun, excitment, the insanity...great great game.
                    SNES Super Mario Kart's battle arenas were better than N64 Super Mario Kart's. However, the N64 version had better graphics and atmosphere (as you might expect).
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The n64 version was more fun to play in race mode, in battle arena mode though, I give it all up to the SNES.

Comment

aaaah, secret of mana, mmmm
                        Click here to download the Map of Arda, the world of JRR Tolkien

Comment

I was only able ot play Secret of Mana for 5 minutes, but those five minutes were pretty cool. I wish I could have played it more, the game is supposed to be good.

Comment

Many favourites mentioned here.

What about BattleToads vs Double Dragons?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              Many favourites mentioned here.

What about BattleToads vs Double Dragons?
                              Those are both mentioned in the NES thread.

I don't think there was a SNES version of Double Dragon. (and I take whoever's word that Battle Toads is a NES game...)
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                                I was only able ot play Secret of Mana for 5 minutes, but those five minutes were pretty cool. I wish I could have played it more, the game is supposed to be good.

What happened?
                                Click here to download the Map of Arda, the world of JRR Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                                X