Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update. The file in question is clean.bat.svn-base. The file is in ctp2_code\libs\anet\demo\gtest\.svn\tmp\text-base\. Does this help?

Comment

• I just discovered that if you turn on good animation (click on a good and it will animate and show being selected) and somehow end up clicking on a good on an unexplored tile, the animation still fires. You don't get to see the good, but if you can recognize the sound you should even be able to determine the terrain it is on. Don't ask me why I keep finding ways to break the fog of war .

Originally posted by LemurMadness
      I've found that the transport lag is somewhat present, I haven't seen it one turn after another (I'll have to test it further).
      I don't think transport lags, but I don't think the AI in my game puts too many units in their transports. Transports aren't defended either.

The Barbarian AI seems significantly improved, it no longer attacks cities right away, instead it defends important routes like the AI from other civilization does (like 1-tile pathways).
      I've had barbarians come up and suicide at my city...

However, it's still easy to trick other civilizations with diplomacy. Someone with a weight of 3 can be tricked into signing a forced Peace Treaty by threatening to attack them (also forcing Alliance by threatening them with war which isn't a proper method to find allies but it works); buying other cities is available at low prices (this also increases your regards towards that civilization) - but advances are still insanely high -; still no options to force other civilizations to being peaceful towards others thus achieving a real World Peace.
      Yea I have found this to be a problem, except I disagree about advances. Once they are opened up to you (you send them 100 gold and force treaties onto them), you can buy advances, which may seem expensive, but when you ask to trade advances, they will agree to taking a more expensive advance for a cheaper advance (advances are listed in cost order in the selection screen, and an exact price can be seen for the current research item), but the problem is that when you offer a cheaper advance, they will counter to make up the cost and it should become a fair trade. However, there can only be one exchange so they don't get the advance you offered, only the gold difference, which can be as little as 100 gold for an advance that you never spent time researching. Of course there is the problem of research pact not doing anything for the human.

I've been thinking about a couple of feature requests, for example: landmarks which could be good for some scenarios; and advances enabling extra units depending on other researched advances. Example: Advanced Composites enables Stealth Fighter and Stealth bomber. But with Adv. Naval Tactics it enables Stealth Battleships, with Nuclear Power it enables Stealth Subs, with Vertical-flight it enables Stealth Helicopters, etc... Another example, Chaos Theory with Adv. Infantry Tactics enables Hover Infantry. (leaving Chaos Theory as a "Enables other advances" advance.) Not necessarily asking to be a feature in the current AE, but an additional option for modders.
      This has been mentioned mainly in the unit design thread, for the pikeman knight samurai longbow group.

Comment

• Right now I'm playing with Blender:

When I've learned enough on how to make new proper units for CTP2, I'll submit then. Hopefully I won't quit my intent.

Has anyone tested the files for virus? Like Panda Online Activescan or McAffe's online scan? Sadly I still don't have internet back at my house and I don't have any Antivirus software, I just hope it was a false positive.

Comment

• Playtest has showen that the AI does a great job of empire building. Ater 200 turns most factions had between 16 to 21 cites and between 90 and 140 units
          Have been working on stratigies and goal files in aidata folder.
          Have only made slight changes.Attack numbers are higher so is seige but less than attack seattings are and defense settings are changed.In Goals file added ColdEnemy to all settings.Raised garrison forces slightly.
          The cold enemy element makes the AI meet you head on in a open battle fields to challage you at the borders.
          I have used these changes in the past with many tests.The AI plays aggresive defense.Blocking and hemming you in at your borders,If you break by it the cities are defened as well to make you use as many units as you can spare. Its not like the Frenzy mod where the AI would release all it units at once to capture your cities.I felt this left the AI at risk of many counter attacks by you or another AI nation.
          The AI,s best tactic is to expand -hold ground-and to hem you in so as to blunt any offensive attacks.
          Going to start a new game with the 771 build and report back. If it works out well will post files.

Comment

• sounds good.

protra please zip the necessary files and post them so others may try it out!
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Protra,

Yes, please make your changes available, isn't this 'active defense' attitude of AI the best possible we can aim for? In my opinion, this should definitely be in the AE. It resembles how humans would play.

Now the main question I'm left with, is how this would ever combine with AOM's frenzy...

Instead of Blender, could I suggest you try out Poser? This is thé program to create human (and animal) figures in any shape, size or form you might want. This, and Bryce for landscape generation are the best tools for a game like this. Of course, Poser does cost some 200$ I think... Bryce on the other hand is much cheaper, some 75$ I guess. If, or dare I say whén, bigger tiles become possible, I'll unleash the power of Bryce on you guys.

Greetz

Tellius
              Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

• Revision 785 BETA

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09 CTP2Playtest (11.8 MB)

LATEST BUILD REV 785 BETA: August 2nd 2007

Revision 785 Beta (5.21 MB)

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

################################
                I'm releasing this as a BETA since my new tribe selection screen is far from perfect. Making a listbox though should get rid of the 64 Civ limit (so we can add even more) But I'd like to input from the community on it and make sure it doesn't have any other glitches. Keep your 771B just in case.

Visit BureauBert's http://www.ctp2.info/ on how to use some new additions.

Brief Changelog:
                2007-08-02 (revision 785)
                Changed: Empire selection start up now a list box
                Fixed: Const.txt compatibility for scenarios
                Fixed: Multiplayer window loads (but lobby cant be reached)
                Fixed: Turn year length mechanism for scenarios
                Deleted: ShowCityIcon from Building and Wonder DB replaced with new flags
                Added: New Database Flags
                - BuildingDB
                ShowCityIconTop Displays this icon on top of a city graphic
                ShowCityIconBottom Icon displayed under city graphic
                - WonderDB
                ShowCityIconTop Displays this icon on top of a city graphic
                ShowCityIconBottom Icon displayed under city graphic

2007-07-25 (revision 773)
                Changed: TargetCivilians flag now uses a probability like normal bombard
                Changed: PrecisionStrike flag now uses a probability like normal bombard
                Added: Cities on a trade route that does not belong to the city owner
                or the route destination is not the city owner receives gold
                Changed: Byzantine diploflag and unit flag
                Fixed: Error in implementation of Elite and Leader code
                Added: Additional religion icons for modders
                Fixed: crash caused by unused memory
                Added: Japanese missing LDLs
                Changed: Difficulty and Risk level new game pop-up is now a listbox
                Added: New ConstDB Properties
                - ConstDB
                CITY_ON_TRADE_ROUTE_BONUS modders can specify what percent of trade
                route goes to a city that it passes through
                CAPTURED_CITY_KILL_POP modders can specify how many civilians killed
                when city is captured

2007-06-09 (revision 745)
                Changed: The Army stacking flag is no longer displayed above the health bar
                Added: OnePerCiv buildings are destroyed if city owning it is captured
                Added: Elite Status, a promotion above Veteran Status, has double
                Veteran coefficient in combat
                Added: Leaders in a stack double defense or offensive boni
                Added: Chance for a Leader to appear if an elite unit wins a battle
                Fixed: Slic Messages for Guerrilla Spawn
                Fixed: Slic Messages for Insurgent Spawn
                Fixed: Slic Messages for Sinking Ships
                Fixed: MaxCityWonders, it now works as intended
                Fixed: MaxCityBuildings, it now works as intended
                Added: New ConstDB Properties
                - ConstDB
                COMBAT_ELITE_CHANCE modders can specify the chance a veteran unit
                will be promoted to elite status
                COMBAT_LEADER_CHANCE modders can specify the chance a leader will appear
                if elite unit is victorious in combat
                - BuildingDB
                EnablesAllVeterans Any units built in a city with a building having
                this flag will have Veteran status
                EnablesSeaVeterans Any Sea units built in a city with a building having
                EnablesLandVeterans Any Land units built in a city with a building having
                EnablesAirVeterans Any Air units built in a city with a building having

2007-05-19 (revision 735)
                Disabled: Sectarian happiness functionality has been removed
                Fixed: Unit Upgrading now updates the unit type

2007-05-16 (revision 732)
                Disabled: MaxCityWonders because it caused crash
                Disabled: MaxCityBuildings because it caused crash
                - WonderDB, UnitDB, BuildingDB
                NeedsFeatToBuild Now only checks if player has feat not all players
                NeedsAnyPlayerFeatToBuild
                Allows construction regardless which player achieved
                feat
                - WonderDB
                ProhibtSlavers Prevents addition slaving units to be built
                Added: New Options
                - Rules Screen
                No AI City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect for AI can
                be toggled on/off
                No City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect can be
                toggled on/off
                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:29.

Comment

• Just finishd working on files Goal,s and Strategies so AI should defend itself but and put up a good fight to hold cities. I kept force matches as they are .Most changes are set to have the AI extend its forces to meet your forces before you reach their cities.
                  Will test with the new build. Now of course the real work of overall improvements to the game is the result of the hard work done by the coders.Thank you!
                  Will post the files once I know they work and add something to the game,

Comment

• Here are my finished files.As always keep a copy of yoyr old files just in case.Early tests has the AI meeting you at the borders to hold of advace of your forces.AI has at least one good stack of units pushing you back with many smaller ones to keep you busy. AI cities have more units in them because of higher garrison count.I have found that too many AI cities were easy to capture and allow you to build up your empire so fast that the AI under attack was taken out within 50 turns.I didnt over do garrison count.Didnt want to make the AI unable to play offense.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Got an error with the latest playtest rev. When I move the western warrior along the river (save attached) to reveal the orange civ's city I get a switch to desktop and a popup:

"GameObj.cpp Error

No such object

Continue?

Yes/No"

I click yes and it still crashes the game, generating this crash.txt:

Code:
                      Version 2007-08-02
                        0x0046e1c9  [?DrawCitySpecialIcons@TiledMap@@QAEXPAVaui_Surface@@ABVMapPoint@@H_NAAUtagRECT@@VUnit@@@Z + 0xe6]
                        0x0046b223  [?DrawCityNames@TiledMap@@QAEXPAVaui_Surface@@H@Z + 0x1609]
                        0x0045b475  [?RepaintSprites@TiledMap@@QAEHPAVaui_Surface@@PAUtagRECT@@_N@Z + 0x10b]
                        0x0084c827  [?background_draw_handler@@YA?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAX@Z + 0x106]
                        0x007c2680  [?DrawThis@Background@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x22]
                        0x0078d09c  [?Draw@aui_Region@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x34]
                        0x007a9f13  [?Draw@aui_Window@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x23]
                        0x0040f901  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x20e]
                        0x0040fc7a  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
                        0x00408e36  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3ea]
                        0x004087af  [WinMain@16 + 0x6d]
                        0x00a1344c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                        0x77e814c7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7728f66f]
                      I guess it's related to the city icons.
                      Attached Files
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I had this happen too! After a 150 turns into the build 785.So there is a bug.Thought maybe it was a file that didnt zip into the right place.Was going to reload CtP2.
                        Did a check in my CtP2 program file and my crash text reads the same thing.

Comment

• ok, i think its an easy fix

Comment

• Just had same crash, myself. Ended 20BC turn, Barb Longbowman took one of my cities, triggering same crash.

BTW, for quite some time I've had occasional crashes when I exit game. Doesn't seem to corrupt save, and only happens every 20 or so exits. Is this a known problem? Doesn't really effect gameplay (since I'm quitting game, anyway), but thought I should mention it since an actual coder might make more of it than I do.

Comment

• I'll fix the crash today and post 787.

Demon, what does the crash.txt say when you get those exit crashes?
                              Last edited by Ekmek; August 7, 2007, 17:45.

Comment

• Revision 787

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09 CTP2Playtest (11.8 MB)

LATEST BUILD REV 787: August 7th 2007

Revision 787 (5.22 MB)

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

Code:
                                Visit BureauBert's [url]http://www.ctp2.info/[/url] on how to use some new additions.

Brief Changelog:
                                207-08-07 (revision 787)
                                Changed:  ConstDB replaced with a new one
                                Changed:  Harappan flag now is pakistan's flag
                                Changed:  Jamaica headers that mapped to POland are now labeled as Poland
                                Added:    Jamaica is now a civ (as it was in CTP1)
                                Fixed:    Crash caused by CitySpecialIcons (will rework)
                                Fixed:    Tribe screen no longer shows barbarians and works
                                Changed:  Greek flag is now from the 19th century (easier to see)
                                Changed:  STrategies and Goals.txt now use Protra's update

2007-08-02 (revision 785)
                                Changed:  Empire selection start up now a list box
                                Fixed:    Const.txt compatibility for scenarios
                                Fixed:    Multiplayer window loads (but lobby cant be reached)
                                Fixed:    Turn year length mechanism for scenarios
                                Deleted:  ShowCityIcon from Building and Wonder DB replaced with new flags
                                Added:    New Database Flags
                                - BuildingDB
                                   ShowCityIconTop      Displays this icon on top of a city graphic
                                   ShowCityIconBottom   Icon displayed under city graphic
                                - WonderDB
                                   ShowCityIconTop      Displays this icon on top of a city graphic
                                   ShowCityIconBottom   Icon displayed under city graphic

2007-07-25 (revision 773)
                                Changed:  TargetCivilians flag now uses a probability like normal bombard
                                Changed:  PrecisionStrike flag now uses a probability like normal bombard
                                Added:    Cities on a trade route that does not belong to the city owner
                                          or the route destination is not the city owner receives gold
                                Changed:  Byzantine diploflag and unit flag
                                Fixed:    Error in implementation of Elite and Leader code
                                Added:    Additional religion icons for modders
                                Fixed:    crash caused by unused memory
                                Added:    Japanese missing LDLs
                                Changed:  Difficulty and Risk level new game pop-up is now a listbox
                                Added:    New ConstDB Properties                                                      
                                - ConstDB
                                   CITY_ON_TRADE_ROUTE_BONUS  modders can specify what percent of trade          
                                                        route goes to a city that it passes through
                                   CAPTURED_CITY_KILL_POP modders can specify how many civilians killed 
                                                        when city is captured

2007-06-09 (revision 745)
                                Changed:  The Army stacking flag is no longer displayed above the health bar
                                Added:    OnePerCiv buildings are destroyed if city owning it is captured
                                Added:	  Elite Status, a promotion above Veteran Status, has double
                                          Veteran coefficient in combat
                                Added:    Leaders in a stack double defense or offensive boni
                                Added:    Chance for a Leader to appear if an elite unit wins a battle
                                Fixed:    Slic Messages for Guerrilla Spawn
                                Fixed:    Slic Messages for Insurgent Spawn
                                Fixed:    Slic Messages for Sinking Ships
                                Fixed:    MaxCityWonders, it now works as intended                               
                                Fixed:    MaxCityBuildings, it now works as intended
                                Added:    New ConstDB Properties                                                      
                                - ConstDB
                                   COMBAT_ELITE_CHANCE  modders can specify the chance a veteran unit          
                                                        will be promoted to elite status
                                   COMBAT_LEADER_CHANCE modders can specify the chance a leader will appear
                                			if elite unit is victorious in combat
                                - BuildingDB
                                   EnablesAllVeterans   Any units built in a city with a building having 
                                   EnablesSeaVeterans   Any Sea units built in a city with a building having 
                                   EnablesLandVeterans  Any Land units built in a city with a building having 
                                   EnablesAirVeterans   Any Air units built in a city with a building having 

2007-05-19 (revision 735)
                                Disabled: Sectarian happiness functionality has been removed
                                Fixed:    Unit Upgrading now updates the unit type                     

2007-05-16 (revision 732)
                                Disabled: MaxCityWonders because it caused crash
                                Disabled: MaxCityBuildings because it caused crash
                                - WonderDB, UnitDB, BuildingDB
                                   NeedsFeatToBuild     Now only checks if player has feat not all players     
                                   NeedsAnyPlayerFeatToBuild 
                                                        Allows construction regardless which player achieved 
                                		        feat
                                - WonderDB
                                   ProhibtSlavers       Prevents addition slaving units to be built 
                                Added:    New Options
                                - Rules Screen
                                   No AI City Limit     Government City Limit happiness effect for AI can 
                                                        be toggled on/off
                                   No City Limit        Government City Limit happiness effect can be 
                                                        toggled on/off
                                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X