This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To add some pieces from my side (back here after a very long time):

the crash happens from the save if the warrior moves into the ruins. He discovers concrete there, and my civ receives a "Feat of Wonder". In the next turn the game crashes.
    Using the latest version.

Version 2007-10-20
    0x007db647 [?Set_Can_Be_Executed@Goal@@QAEXAB_N@Z + 0x17]
    0x007d267c [?Prioritize_Goals@Scheduler@@QAE_NXZ + 0x1ac]
    0x007d1da8 [?Process_Goal_Changes@Scheduler@@QAE?AW4TIME_SLICE _STATE@1@XZ + 0x138]
    0x007ee0de [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x6e]
    0x005798a7 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
    0x0057a288 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
    0x00578759 [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x19]
    0x0040c5bf [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x1cf]
    0x00406fa4 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
    0x00406a05 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
    0x007fccfc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
    0x7c816fd7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7be54d5f]

Comment

• could you post a save game? its easier to see what the problem is.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• the preview did possible delete it ... just figuring out how to do it.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Another game, the event came again and it worked (via research this time). Now i am around turn 270, the AI likes to attack me, and with that the ZOC issue becomes critical. After a victorious attack the units(army) often cannot move back the next turn, because all surrounding fields are still seen as under controll of the defeated unit (one ore more rounds before it was so). Sometimes also finding the spot from where to get controll again is not easy.

Playing on a huge map, turns become also longer, loading time too (i reset CTP2 5 times before i found out, it takes so long).

Comment

• Re: Playtest Revision 812 is out

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            By the way E, could you replace the old playtest in the directory with this one so that I can save some space and remove the outdated source code archieve from the directory. It even links to a non-Apolyton space.

Should I replace with te one with tis post or should I add the later EXE to it first?

Comment

• Re: Re: Playtest Revision 812 is out

Originally posted by E
              Should I replace with t[h]e one with tis post
              Well, that was the original idea.

Originally posted by E
              or should I add the later EXE to it first?
              However this isn't my new idea, either. Actually I am/was waiting for Maq to report whether everything is fine about PBEM human-human diplomacy to post an updated package. Obviously this is going to be a long wait. So I decided to add some fixes and make a new release that should then go into the directory.

So wait some days, until we have the next playtest out.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sukayo
                To add some pieces from my side (back here after a very long time):

the crash happens from the save if the warrior moves into the ruins. He discovers concrete there, and my civ receives a "Feat of Wonder". In the next turn the game crashes.
                Using the latest version.
                OK, I tested the savegame, but I wasn't able to reproduce the crash. Therefore my question, Sukayo: Can you reproduce the crash?

-Martin

Comment

• Problem with movement.

I also cannot move my units some times, some place.
                  I have included tvo saved games, in the first one a unit at the bottom of the map crazes the game if I move it, I disbanded it and that did the trick.

In the other save I cannot move past a certain point.

Please fix this soon, the Zulus are making a comeback!

I have version "2007.10.20.CTP2.Playtest" with this EXE file "CTP2_27-Oct-2007".
                  Thank you for your work on this classic king of Civ games!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cue; November 10, 2007, 21:28.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Playtest Revision 812 is out

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Actually I am/was waiting for Maq to report whether everything is fine about PBEM human-human diplomacy to post an updated package. Obviously this is going to be a long wait.
                    Watch it

* Rush buying not working. Example: Warrior has 2 turns left, I rush-buy the Warrior, gold is deducted, next turn the Warrior has one turn left and can still be rush-bought.

* No diplo-greeting popup still.

* Last proposals/responses still appear last in the popup order.

* Tile Imps are now completing.

* "Building complete" voice for other player now does not appear at the end of your turn.

* All other proposals tested were still working.

Unrelated question: Is it possible to make cities on the map update instantly? Example: I have the City Manager open and when I add a farmer I want to see the turns to new growth figure change and the build turns change instantly on the city and the main interface at the bottom. Rather than having to close City Manager and click on the city again to see the updated turns.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Re: Problem with movement.

Originally posted by cue
                      I also cannot move my units some times, some place.
                      I have included tvo saved games, in the first one a unit at the bottom of the map crazes the game if I move it, I disbanded it and that did the trick.
                      The unit crazes the game? How does it craze the game and in particular which unit. Actually army, so what is its name. So far all the armies there behave fine.

Originally posted by cue
                      In the other save I cannot move past a certain point.

Please fix this soon, the Zulus are making a comeback!
                      Probably for now it just helps to reload the game from the save, as one poster in this thread pointed out earlier. At least I figured out how I can reproduce the problem.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                      * Rush buying not working. Example: Warrior has 2 turns left, I rush-buy the Warrior, gold is deducted, next turn the Warrior has one turn left and can still be rush-bought.
                      Well, we are coming closer, and that is indeed a serious problem.

* No diplo-greeting popup still.
                      Not so serious.

* Last proposals/responses still appear last in the popup order.
                      Not so serious either, but not to difficult to fix.

* Tile Imps are now completing.

* "Building complete" voice for other player now does not appear at the end of your turn.

* All other proposals tested were still working.
                      That's fine.

Unrelated question: Is it possible to make cities on the map update instantly? Example: I have the City Manager open and when I add a farmer I want to see the turns to new growth figure change and the build turns change instantly on the city and the main interface at the bottom. Rather than having to close City Manager and click on the city again to see the updated turns.
                      If I remember correctly you are the first one to note this problem. And it is indeed there since Peter added this little feature. Actually it is supposed to update when you close the city manager but for some reason it does not do this. It even shows the wrong numbers if you use the cheat editor to switch civs.

-Martin
                      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; November 12, 2007, 17:10.

Comment

• Thank you for your replay Martin

This error of mine should have shown itself if you moved all the units for only one turn so the problem must be with me.
                        I installed the game from a original CD, then installed patch 1.11 official, then playtest revision 812, and finally the excludable named „CTP2_27-Oct-2007“ from a earlier post. I tried to skip that file and just install playtest 812 and use the exe from that build. That makes the same error.

Perhaps I should start a new topic, this is hardly the right place for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by cue
                          This error of mine should have shown itself if you moved all the units for only one turn so the problem must be with me.
                          I guess the ZOCs are recalculated on game reload. So this means I cannot reproduce the problem from a savegame. But if I cannot reproduce the problem from a savegame it does not mean that it isn't there.

Take the other crash reports posted here for instance, indeed the crashes happened, you have other things to do than faking those crash reports. Sometimes it is enough by just looking onto the report to find the problem, but that is not always the case. In that case it would help to use the debugger, but then the crash isn't there that could be found somewhere in the code. In past I played this way, a crash happened and I reloaded the autosave and was happy if I could continue the game.

Anyway I found and fixed the ZOC problem.

Originally posted by cue
                          I installed the game from a original CD, then installed patch 1.11 official, then playtest revision 812, and finally the excludable named �CTP2_27-Oct-2007� from a earlier post. I tried to skip that file and just install playtest 812 and use the exe from that build. That makes the same error.
                          You can skip the original patch, and if you don't play PBEM or HotSeat you can also skip the two exes I posted here.

Originally posted by cue
                          Perhaps I should start a new topic, this is hardly the right place for this?
                          No, this is the right place to talk about something like this, namely bugs.

-Martin

Comment

• Now I have a random crash problem (it never ends )

I included a crash report. I do not see any way a human could read this jargon.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• plz post the crash.txt

Comment

• In case you don't know how to enable crash logging cue:

If the bug involves a crash to desktop, then it is helpful to include the crash log. You can enable crash logging by editing your userprofile.txt (in [Your CTP2 directory]\ctp2_program\ctp\) to set EnableLogs=Yes. The log can then be found at [Your CTP2 directory]\ctp2_program\ctp\logs\crash.txt.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X