Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preliminary release of Mars scenario (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not yet... working on a couple personal projects... I'm planning on trying it tonight.

Happen to know if there's a 'poly hack for the Mac?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I assume not, but I've posted the question on the general forum. We'll see if it gets any response.

Comment

*nods* Thanks

Comment

Dragon1: Just a note, if you want to check whether it's all installed properly then just start a hotseat game against yourself on the scenario and check two things: When you build a city your total civ population is 100 rather than 10,000 and also that the great library is different from normal and appears to be all present and correct (but no historical entries).

Comment

Umm...I have lost that install.bat box. Where should I look?
            The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

...\scerarios\Mars\readmes\

Comment

OK I have that. Now I tryed it out in hotseat and the terain looks like earth and i get Targa Load Error :Unable to find the file "UPU200.tga". I downloaded all the files into scenarios and unziped them....did I miss a step?

Comment

The terrain will indeed look like Earths - that's the next thing I want to change.

As to the file error - check that there is indeed a file upu200.tga in scenarios\Mars\default\graphics\pictures\. If there isn't then try downloading and unzipping the pics again. If there is then it might be that the v1.21 hack is not installed properly - there's a curious thing about the patches: if you don't start and save a game, and restart your computer between applying them they don't always work as expected. So the only suggestion I have in that case is to reinstall CTP carefully.

Comment

All I see is a upu200 and upu200b should I download again?

Comment

If there is an upu200.tga then redownloading is unlikely to help - if you mean there's an upu200 without the '.tga' then yes, do redownload, but I assume you didn't mean that...

You might try copying (or moving) the file into ctp_data\default\graphics\pictures\ - it shouldn't overwrite anything there. But that would likely just cause you to get an error on another file. You could copy across most of them (those which don't overwrite default files) but that's a crude solution. My best recommendation is still to reistall CTP (I find I have to do it myself every few months...).

Comment

I'd like to try it out in PBEM... will download now.

Comment

ricketyclik: Welcome aboard.

FlameFlash: How can you keep me in suspense like this - I'm dying with anticipation...

Comment

heh... sorry... I'll probably be able to get to it this weekend... today is the start of my Memorial Day weekend (once I get off of work.)

Comment

Originally posted by drAgON1
                              All I see is a upu200 and upu200b should I download again?
                              Firts you have to consider that Window$ contains some features that are intended to keep the user dumb, one of them is the stupid don't show file extensions of know file types. To disable this feature go to the Extras menue of Window Explorer then folder options (don't know if this the name that is used in an English Window$ version) then click on the View tab (again a translation from German) of this box and there you should find the above mentioned options. Afterwards that's done you should be able to see if the file has an extention or not.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks Martin , I totally forgot about that (it's always the first thing I change when I install...). Under W95 it's Tools->Folder Options->View that you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X