Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preliminary release of Mars scenario (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, I'll look forward to your mail. Maybe we can also play a PBEM together with Dragon1.

Comment

• I've just discovered (when installing the thing myself on my new PC) that the batch file will not run under Windows XP! Curse MS and their lack of backwards-compatibility . It probably won't work in 2K either, but I can't check that. What version are you running?

Comment

• XP, that explains it, might there be other things that aren't working besides the gl? I've got the gl up and running now, but it looks to me the batch file did everything else OK. Or am I overlooking something?

Do I need to do the complete manual installation?

Comment

• It does the const.txt bit OK, but it won't do the UI modification (not that that's crucial, but it is nice).

The problem is that XP has no choice function, so it assumes you said 'no' to everything...

Sorry about that. I should start a PBEM game later today when I can get my CTP CD back from my friend..

Comment

• Wow, sounds absolutely fantastic. From reading the thread a lot more has gone into this scenario than I had previously anticipated. I'm going to sit down with the read me I printed out because I had the same problems as one of the last fellows with the library... I'll be back to report my progress... Can't wait to get up and playing, and once I do we should get everyone who's been testing so far to hack away at each other in one big ruckus PBEM game - that is if you haven't been already... As I once heard at a football match I went to when visiting England: "C'mon then if you think you're 'ard enough!!!"

A
            "that's right, a SLAVER!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X