Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preliminary release of Mars scenario (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. Don't tell me you didn't read the backplot. All that careful composition wasted !

Comment

D'oh!

The problem is... the one text reader for Mac can't open that big of a readme file... I have to do it in Word and then the formatting gets screwed if I try to change the font so it's readable.

I'll look it over though, didn't know there was one.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Is Word on Macs made by MS?

Comment

Yep! Evil incarnate even has penetrated Macintosh.

Comment

I'm surprised by that. though. Even notepad will open the readme on a PC, although you can't edit it.

The backplot is not very wonderful really, just a few lines to excuse some of the most blatant contradictions like the terrain, goods, the lack of Earth-intervention and so forth.

Comment

ah...

Comment

You gave me an idea - I've edited the backplot into the first post on this thread (you can read it there). It should have been there all along.

Comment

*nods* Okay...

Yeah, but Macs rarely ever use .txt files so there's no major need for a good reader/editor.

Comment

It's not working... it's saying that I'm missing a bunch of help files or something like that.

"_HELP missing."

And then it goes through all the units...

Comment

That happens when you try to start the PBEM game? Hmm... Let me fiddle around - I'll see what I can discover.

Comment

OK, I'd totally forgotten about this - sorry. When playing PBEM games with scenarios you can't simply doubleclick to open. It's a little more awkward. Create a new directory for the purposes of this game in ...\ctp_program\ctp\save\games\, called something like MarsPBEM, or whatever. Make this directory easy to get to (On a PC I'd create a shortcut on my desktop - I don't know what the Mac equivalent is).

Now each time you recieve a turn copy the save game into this directory, start up CTP and load it as if it were an ordinary single player game. This works fine for me.

Good luck.

Comment

many thanks... I'll try that and see if it works.

Comment

still didn't work... and my settlers have turned into slavers...

Comment

OK, that means it's using the wrong version of units.txt.

Does the v1.21 hack work on Macs, and have you installed it - these symptoms suggest that you haven't.

Comment

No I haven't because the 1.21 hack is an .exe which means I can't even open it.

Comment

Working...
                                X