Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn t anybody uses slavers (for growth sake)?
    And why changing government to communism or fascism, and not holding on to theocracy?
    If anyone knows any good hints just let me know.
    thanx
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll take you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johny Cartonny
      Doesn t anybody uses slavers (for growth sake)?
      And why changing government to communism or fascism, and not holding on to theocracy?
      If anyone knows any good hints just let me know.
      thanx
      Actually..I would suggest staying in anarchy..

For real..you can have 1000 cities i believe?

Grandpa Troll
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• well, johny, with slavers it is such a thing. if you dont have much to enslave, as is the case in some game setups, then building slavers is mostly a waste of production. but if used wisely, they can indeed be a force to be reckoned with. if you expect many small fights that you win, then having a slaver with the troops is certainly a good idea. also it is useful to concentrate as many slaves in one city as possible to have that super-city build the more expensive things.

as for the government change. both communism and fascism allow for 70 cities instead of the 40 of theocracy, so you can expand even further. often you will find yourself peacefully expanding to just below 40 cities and ready to go to war, but those precious enemy cities will push you over the top.
        also, communism is superb in production, fascim in military strength. and also vice versa they are still better or equal than theocracy.
        Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
        O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Thanx (didn t know that you could have 70 cities under com and fas )
          Another question: When do you begin with producing public works?
          Never argue with an idiot. He'll take you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thanx (didn t know that you could have 70 cities under com and fas )
            Infrastructure comes with Engineering

Comment

Thanx (didn t know that you could have 70 cities under com and fas )
              Best once you get some granaries built..so that the growth you experience with the food bonus offsets the slight-slight slowdown in production by placing pw to say 20-30%

Peace

GT

Comment

• I start pw at 10% with first city. Note no production penalty for 10%. It all goes to fisheries at size three to mines. Generally like Grandpa Troll 20-30% after granaries.
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
                  I start pw at 10% with first city. Note no production penalty for 10%. It all goes to fisheries at size three to mines. Generally like Grandpa Troll 20-30% after granaries.
                  I dont use 10% or 20% pw at the beginning. I use 100% of my production for PW after mills or factories

Comment

• Originally posted by filix

I dont use 10% or 20% pw at the beginning. I use 100% of my production for PW after mills or factories
                    So you begin your pw always after agricultural revolution?
                    And how many turns do you set your pw at 100%?

BTW: Is the 13% on pw an exploit/bug or something (cause i read that the 59% on science was a bug )

thanx for the tips

Comment

• ya it is same bug. When did it happen to you?
                      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                      Or do we?

Comment

• The pw bug happens when I go to hundred and then go down again, then the counter doesnt make steps of ten.
                        Never have known science to be just 60%.
                        It has always been 59% (to my notice).

But I assume its not allowed to use the 13% on pw, or is it?

Comment

• IF we discover what causes this bug, then it certainly wont be allowed.

as for PW, i am more a supporter of deciding on case to case instead of sticking to a general rule.
                          a while ago i posted a loooong post about how i actually draw PW from my production. im using several options, for more or less PW, from which i choose depending on how much and how urgent i need PW.
                          generally spoken, i try to resist the temptation of spending PW everywhere (which is rather hard for me sometimes ) and instead evaluate from game to game. i think it is a good idea to quickly generate PW at some point in the game when you have around 10 cities to power up a few of your cities that are sitting near mountains. ocean/mountain cities are always candidates for this, but also grassland/river/mountain cities.

if you have only one city that produces an item next turn, it is obvious that any PW setting that will still produce the item the next turn is free lunch.
                          for several cities it becomes more difficult as there is no absolute 'free lunch' anymore, but rather you have to set priorities. that is the basic idea of my method and the miscellaneous options i mentionend. i will see if i can find this post...
                          Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
                          O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Try using infastructure more effectivly at an early stage, get the science little faster
                            veni, vidi, vici
                            icq #51862133
                            pint@c2i.net
                            http://gameleague.apolyton.net

Comment

• Yeh I use Infra when I don't need caravans.. I keep it infra between aqua and Mills if nothing else required, and then PW setting does not slow build queues and allows other cities to catch up..

I am a great believer in setting infra very early though...
                              He's back after a fashion...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gavrushka
                                Yeh I use Infra when I don't need caravans.. I keep it infra between aqua and Mills if nothing else required, and then PW setting does not slow build queues and allows other cities to catch up..

I am a great believer in setting infra very early though...
                                I think you are saying that you build infrastructure in a few cities that are between aqua and Mills but have granaries. Right?

Also, you do this, instead of pushing 20% or 30% on the PW slider. Yeah?

I never typically pushed it over 10% though.

Sometimes I will push it all the way to 100% for a couple of turns when things seem a little stalled, or you have a new item in you tile improvements available that is useful. Like big nets or mines or even rail. When they first come out.
                                If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X