Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for Paul ya Quinn, Gav and you have beat him. paul will not admit the loses to those two, be interesting what he says about your win. Also Yes your point know your opponent, on the other hand you have to admit playing a stranger or assumed stranger means having a solid game plan.

Yes gav and I tested this game formula, I tested it against Yoda and gav and math in a game. I found myself in commie before turn 90 and several techs ahead of Yoda. Try that some time
    But seriously it does work the science is quite nice.
    The trick is balance, growth, science and units. One I have yet to find.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
      Also Yes your point know your opponent, on the other hand you have to admit playing a stranger or assumed stranger means having a solid game plan.
      Yeah I agree...I have played a few guys lately..one named Traveler..and one named doug.. ..

real easy prey..if anyone ever gets to play them.

Peace

Grandpa "Chameleon"Troll
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Heh obviously no one from here I have noticed a few newbies too. They rarely chat and or stick around.

Ok here is a screen shot of a test game with the strategy Gavrushka and I are talking about. Keep in mind this is advances based on NO doubles, NO triples simply single trade cities. Only 16 trades routes too, so it shows the power of this strategy. Factories being built and city size and average 0f 3. Top 8 cities 4 or better and a total of 38 cities. Again commie before turn 100 even with sucky trade. 1000 science was achieved before turn 86, in fact science was in the 900's for 20 turns or so to this point. No science cities built either, not one acadamy etc. No workers on science either.

So basic science.
        Attached Files
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• Also Note the 9 science bug...Reloaded three times now... I think it is noai patch anyone else see this?

I may add about the above post, until commie all techs two turns only. Thats right 2 turns even ag.
          Or do we?

Comment

• Ok there ya go turn 93 was when commie happened, I waited 3 turns for it.
            Or do we?

Comment

Or do we?

Comment

• It was about turn 90 I went from several techs behind ice to getting commie first.. Don't be fooled by goods creating science... LAND does too.. U work mountains and ocean and real big gold grabber.. The difference in land accounting as much for this as trade goods.. When I grabbed electricity and threw up the advanced mines science got moved about 20% higher. Easily paying for factories and all improvements... Anyone with a size 4+ city working advanced mines without market and bank there should be shot!
                He's back after a fashion...

Comment

• thanks for the link, hatschy.

"the strategy" you talked about, blackice, is building caravans early, before granary and aquaducts, right ?
                  Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
                  O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• I would never build a caravan before a Granary.. I think the granary is the fundamentally most important structure in the game, in essence halving growth time.. I WOULD now build caravans before aquaducts. Granary dictates city size later in the game. If you note in the games I play, I usually have the biggest cities as I always endeavour to get a Granary out between size 1 and 2 growth.. EVEN if this means slowing growth of city initially to make sure granary is ready on time.. And buying if necessary.

Comment

• i feel i have to play with you again next saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by Gavrushka
                        It was about turn 90 I went from several techs behind ice to getting commie first.. Don't be fooled by goods creating science... LAND does too.. U work mountains and ocean and real big gold grabber.. The difference in land accounting as much for this as trade goods.. When I grabbed electricity and threw up the advanced mines science got moved about 20% higher. Easily paying for factories and all improvements... Anyone with a size 4+ city working advanced mines without market and bank there should be shot!
                        What do you mean :"real big gold grabber"
                        If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• i think he wanted to say that mountains are real big gold grabber, or that you become a real big gold grabber if you do this.

Comment

• Thats right .. Let me put it another way... Mountains with advanced mines are a real big Gold Grabber!

Comment

• ICE Did you know that you had rations set at 10 under Theo?? Why would you do that??? Even with distant.. VERY distant cities a temple would be a fine build without dropping growth by a 1/3 for entire civ?

Comment

• Yes I simply wanted the test to go at best happiness rate. Growth was not an issue. As you know I usually try to maintain max food. That is to say slider to the left max.
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X