Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
    I stand corrected.

Btw, I wonder if his recent meltdown wrt Asher is somehow connected to all this? It's just one weird thing after another...
    Dale and Locutus have both had various meltdowns on this site and had been forced to apologize for it. It's no surprise they've left together to form their own.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'd like to publicly express the thanks to Dan and all the former administrators of Poly for their years of work on the site. And too the new administration I say good luck and thank you for committing to take on such a challenge on such short notice. I will continue to produce ModCast in partnership with DanQ and I hope it continues to bring pleasure to the whole of the its listener base in the Civ community.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Dale and Locutus have both had various meltdowns on this site and had been forced to apologize for it. It's no surprise they've left together to form their own.
        This is news for me, what's the site called?

Edit: The site in his sig? We play civ?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone, and thanks to the current and past Apolyton staff for making the past 9 nears an unforgettable special experience. This site would not have been what it is without the countless hours that many volunteers invested in it.

And good luck to Jeroen and Robert, I look forward to seeing what you guys can do with this place, and to hopefully have opportunities to work together with you guys in the future.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

My best wishes to Rah, Ming and Locutus and Solver.

Thanks for all the advice and moderation over the years.

And I will try to join in RAh's Saturday game again soon.

Damn I missed tonight's game. .
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Thanks Ming and Rah for your good work.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well I would like to offer my thanks for all the work the "old guard" staff has done here for the community. And if there is anything I can help the new management of ACS or the new endevours starting up, just let me know.

CS
                Global Admin/Owner
                Civilization Players Leagues
                www.civplayers.com
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

I'd like to thank Ming and Rah for not teaching their successors how to ban people.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"Whoah!"
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk View Post
                      Good Luck to you Dan!!

I hope your new endeavors bring you great satisfaction. You have (pretty much) spent half your life with this Civ-thing and you and Mark will always be held in high regard for nurturing and shepherding this Community. It's been a truly great run.

Whatever you do, have fun with it!!
                      Thank you for the kind words.

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] View Post
                      I'd like to publicly express the thanks to Dan and all the former administrators of Poly for their years of work on the site. And too the new administration I say good luck and thank you for committing to take on such a challenge on such short notice. I will continue to produce ModCast in partnership with DanQ and I hope it continues to bring pleasure to the whole of the its listener base in the Civ community.

Originally posted by CanuckSoldier View Post
                      Well I would like to offer my thanks for all the work the "old guard" staff has done here for the community.
                      Thanks, Jon.
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dan and crew: Thanks for creating a home for the civ community. I've stuck mostly to the Scenario League part, but I must say I've loved this place. I can't imagine the hundreds of thousands of hours you've put in, or the headaches you've had. I hope it's been worth it from your points of view, because I have really appreciated it. All the best, wherever your roads may lead. Thank you.
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh View Post
                          Dan and crew: Thanks for creating a home for the civ community.
                          You're most welcome -- it has been my pleasure.

I've stuck mostly to the Scenario League part, but I must say I've loved this place. I can't imagine the hundreds of thousands of hours you've put in, or the headaches you've had. I hope it's been worth it from your points of view, because I have really appreciated it. All the best, wherever your roads may lead. Thank you.
                          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks to DanQ and the team for your years of service and best of luck for your new projects!

I hope the new administration remember that the Scenario League is still living flesh! Good luck Robert and Jeroen
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                            SL INFORMATION THREAD
                            CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
                              Thanks to DanQ and the team for your years of service and best of luck for your new projects!
                              I have enjoyed those years. Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.

Comment

Dang.

I drop out for an iteration of Civ and the place goes kablooie!

MarkG, gone.

DanQ, Dropping from the position of power.

Ming and Rah, and even Solver? it'll be different, that's for sure.

Just as long as one of the new heads isn't Alexander's horse in disguise.

I'm trying to figure out how it'll feel like Apolyton without the regular trips to Mingapulco by some of our more colorful posters.

Ah, Well. Vagar Morgulis
                                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                                X