This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
    This whole interview business could've used a thread of its own, actually ... you're not supposed to still be making sense this deep into a A/C thread!
    Well speaking about things that are useful will let deity no. 22 have more of a run in the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Well speaking about things that are useful will let deity no. 22 have more of a run in the thread.

not like that l@/\/\@ @$$ style of trolls turn sent mind you

indeed excellent point

but for ral this is pretty kewl having an adult conversation...on 'Poly no less
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
        Well, once in 8 months is every couple of months . Besides, who's we? If there was another person pestering me as much as you, interviews would come twice as often .
        Something that I never could understand, so help me out here. Why can't there be two people doing interviews???
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by alva

Something that I never could understand, so help me out here. Why can't there be two people doing interviews???
          Im thinking outside the box here but maybe they dont want it watered down by doing interviews with people like Gramps being the featured person
          Attached Files

Comment

• /me shudders

I really could have done without that.

Comment

• Ho ho ho the huge manatee!
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Solver, thanks mate
                hope you have fun with your two upcoming interviews

Shogun, sorry to have shattered any ideals you had, yes this place is real life

Originally posted by alva

indeed, 64,000 members, surely there would be one other who could join Solver in this. interviews debates etc, can only do this community good.

adding to that we have many more lurkers, and with a bit of fine tuning and growth in this area, then it could be a good place for attracting further people to get involved in the community across many of the forums.

taking that a step further, the interviews could then go further a field, tracking down games programmers, marketing people, sales execs, games store owners etc, and getting some of the interesting facts and fun that these people have gone through to bring out the very many games that are represented on this site.
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                  Solver, thanks mate
                  hope you have fun with your two upcoming interviews

Shogun, sorry to have shattered any ideals you had, yes this place is real life

indeed, 64,000 members, surely there would be one other who could join Solver in this. interviews debates etc, can only do this community good.

adding to that we have many more lurkers, and with a bit of fine tuning and growth in this area, then it could be a good place for attracting further people to get involved in the community across many of the forums.

taking that a step further, the interviews could then go further a field, tracking down games programmers, marketing people, sales execs, games store owners etc, and getting some of the interesting facts and fun that these people have gone through to bring out the very many games that are represented on this site.
                  as allways Paddy

most excellent idea

for real we got a real life melting pot at Poly lets explore what breayhes life into our community

Comment

• If Solver has trouble keeping up the rate of interviews that Spike wants, then maybe he could be made Interview Editor, let anyone perform interviews, and then submit them to him for authorisation before they get uploaded to the site.

Comment

• Nah, interviewing game programmers, etc., is a great idea, but hard to realise. These people are hard to catch, and so getting an interview with them is not easy at all.

Now I will be awaiting Spike's comments on the next interview I publish .
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

The trouble is the sheer volume of the Off topic. I'd be a deity myself, and so would many other emperors.

I would suggest that it would lead to a creep, in that all the emperors would be deities, and Kings, emperors and so on.

At this point there are 21 deities and 186 emperors.
                        congrats to Ben, our newest emperor. (Ben Kenobi, as Emperor - now theres a whatif for the Star Wars fans!)

There should be a 187 emperor fairly soon
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• (Ben Kenobi, as Emperor - now theres a whatif for the Star Wars fans!)
                          Yeah, I was waiting for someone to make that comment. What if Ben Kenobi turned to the darkside.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Just another 65 posts LoTM.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                              If Solver has trouble keeping up the rate of interviews that Spike wants, then maybe he could be made Interview Editor, let anyone perform interviews, and then submit them to him for authorisation before they get uploaded to the site.
                              That would be a great position - all the glory and none of the work.

To Alva in the same vein speaking for myself personally when I was interested in taking over the feature it would have had to be a complete clean break with the existing FoA interviews, whilst retaining the brand.

Probably others would feel similarly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                                Now I will be awaiting Spike's comments on the next interview I publish .
                                You'll get them if requested. I hope it is more interesting than the last one.

Comment

Working...
                                X