Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we need is a firm commitment to do an interview at least every couple of months, or a decision to stand down.

Comment

• Well, once in 8 months is every couple of months . Besides, who's we? If there was another person pestering me as much as you, interviews would come twice as often .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Solver, what is it that takes so long with these interviews?
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Well, sometimes I forget about the feauture . Really, though, first it's research - unless I know the person I'm about to interview fairly well, as it was with Locutus, I go and read that person's posts, see what's special about them, etc. Next goes the actual conversation... if it's emails back and forth, that will take a few days, but result in a less lively conversation. If it is a real-time conversation on, say, ICQ, it's probably longer, because the other person also has to do something, and I actually have to read what they say .
          After that, the editing part goes in, review the whole thing, etc. Finally, out of the final document, I create the webpages with the interview and send them to Markos, who uploads and links to them.
          However... I can, in fact, crank out interviews at a speed of approximately one interview in 5-6 weeks. Alternatively, I can go for shorter interviews, which are easy to make indeed, but it seems to me that long and detailed ones are more interesting.
          I will promise now, though, to have two new interviews by September 15th. Should keep even Spike happy .

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
            I will promise now, though, to have two new interviews by September 15th. Should keep even Spike happy .
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
              Well, sometimes I forget about the feauture . Really, though, first it's research - unless I know the person I'm about to interview fairly well, as it was with Locutus, I go and read that person's posts, see what's special about them, etc. Next goes the actual conversation... if it's emails back and forth, that will take a few days, but result in a less lively conversation. If it is a real-time conversation on, say, ICQ, it's probably longer, because the other person also has to do something, and I actually have to read what they say .
              After that, the editing part goes in, review the whole thing, etc. Finally, out of the final document, I create the webpages with the interview and send them to Markos, who uploads and links to them.
              However... I can, in fact, crank out interviews at a speed of approximately one interview in 5-6 weeks. Alternatively, I can go for shorter interviews, which are easy to make indeed, but it seems to me that long and detailed ones are more interesting.
              thank you for helping me to understand the process you go through.

the interviews are a good thing, and I believe help bind new members into the community

good luck with your upcoming interviews

are you a journalist or media type in real life?
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I'll be holding you to that, now that I've finally elicited something concrete.

Comment

• Spike - feel free to remind me in the meanwhile, but that will be done .

Paddy - nope, I'm not a journalist IRL. I did once do a real interview for print, though, and have done a few things similar to interviews. But Apolyton is the main place for me to do this .

Comment

• Awesome! Who did you have in mind to interview, solver?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The statement from Skanky I took issue with (and you said you disagreed with me) was that there would be hundreds of deities if OT posts counted. Hundreds means at least 200, and I'd be incredibly surprised if there were that many OTers that had posted sufficiently heavily over a sustained amount of time to be deities.
                      The trouble is the sheer volume of the Off topic. I'd be a deity myself, and so would many other emperors.

I would suggest that it would lead to a creep, in that all the emperors would be deities, and Kings, emperors and so on.

At this point there are 21 deities and 186 emperors.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        Awesome! Who did you have in mind to interview, solver?
                        Gramphos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

yep, that's where I came from. A great place that was. So much spam. And Hardman as well.
                          u r a gay ****
                          (+1)

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

are you a journalist or media type in real life?
                            'Poly isn't real life?

I would like to see a Spikie interview of Solver. It would be in the American confrontational style of debate like they show on Fox News. DrSpike would give Solver "the last word" just like Bill O'Reilly
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• This whole interview business could've used a thread of its own, actually ... you're not supposed to still be making sense this deep into a A/C thread!
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• An American confrontation style interview would be fun indeed, with anyone . Maybe we can also do Poly Presidental debates .

And LC, I'm quite glad to see that this thread which was at one point almost pointless then went on to become a good thread when we started to discuss the various community issues . Yay . Anti-communism!

Comment

Working...
                                X