This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solver
    I've got the thought recently that maybe I should also look for some other forums on the Web. After all, Civ's not my only interest, obviously, but this forum is the only one I am on regularly.
    You could always join the german civ-forum
    A fun way of learning another language

About screens from Civ1... it should work, I guess. Then again, maybe Windows 2000/XP doesn't like taking screenies of a 16bit app.
    Yep, winXP it is. Oh well, I've got a win95 comp lurking somewhere in my basement, will probably be able to set it up again some time in autumn...
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• I should join a Chinese Civ forum then .
      Mind you, Civ1 kept crashing on me for Windows 98. So I'm not sure if that will work for you either.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• No big deal, I just thought posting some civ1-screenies would bring a grin to peoples faces

Comment

OK, some PBEM tracking threads are crazy, such as when Troll posts in one 170 times, and the other guy 27 .

I've got the thought recently that maybe I should also look for some other forums on the Web. After all, Civ's not my only interest, obviously, but this forum is the only one I am on regularly.

About screens from Civ1... it should work, I guess. Then again, maybe Windows 2000/XP doesn't like taking screenies of a 16bit app.
          well..like I cant help it if some lame @$$ non posting players get hitched up to the Troll Posting machine

Solver, I ran into you on another forum a couple years back what game was that AOE2:The conquerors?

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Most probably AoE2. I don't/didn't post actively on other forums, but I do have some posts in AoE2 forums, yes. Great game.

Comment

Most probably AoE2. I don't/didn't post actively on other forums, but I do have some posts in AoE2 forums, yes. Great game.
              but you were a Mod in another forum, IIRC?
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Owner. Shut down since.

Comment

• I only occasionally post on the on-topic forms nowdays, mostly anything worthwile about Civ2, Civ3, CTP, and CTP2 have already been posted ten times over, and anything more is just spam. most of my on-topic posting lately has been in the EU/Vicky/CK forum here.

Comment

• Odin, not true. There are still very good new posts about Civ3 and CtP - don't know about Civ2, I don't read those forums, but I'm sure there's stuff to say, too, still. That's why Civ is great .

Comment

• A year ago people were still discovering new things about Civ2. It is quite possible they still are now, although I haven't checked that forum for a while.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• However, I doubt that's the case for C3, given that C3 has been much better documented and doesn't have the whole slew of weird, hardcoded effects C2 does.

Comment

• I agree.

Comment

• well you lads certainly do have the badges of players, and I understand what you say of how Civ III has been better documented, yet so to there is many things that can still be learnt in this game... especially by blokes like me
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• New stuff stil pop up about civ3. The pace is lower now than at the beginning but still. Off the top off my head I can remember worthingtons manouvre which was discovered...8 months ago?

Comment

My dislike of demogames is nothing personal against any of its members or somesuch - although I was unhappy when some people used demogames as an excuse for their spam when it all started. The reason I don't like demogames is that it's simply not the way I enjoy playing Civ - I prefer to sit and play myself, the demogame way just doesn't appeal to me.

And, I do appreciate the new phenomenon that demogames are, brought something interesting, as in a change.
                                I liked the demogames, I just felt the pace just too slow. I hate waiting days for a turn. So I lost interest. Sorry spartans.

Comment

Working...
                                X