X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last one WAS very good .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Yes, it was in depth and well done, but most useful if you were out of sleeping pills. I guess I just have a different vision of a more fun use of the feature.

Comment

• Maybe you do. I even guess I can understand what you mean exactly, but that's not the style for official interviews .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I don't really see the problem here. Spike, just do your thing and post it in a thread here.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
            Yes, it was in depth and well done, but most useful if you were out of sleeping pills. I guess I just have a different vision of a more fun use of the feature.

And you dislike any game that isnt about competition, preferably violent. I begin to a see a pattern here.

Oddly, you find posting here amusing.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Just my two cents on the number of deities had off-topic posts still counted... I think there would be far more than 100...

You seem to ignore a dynamic effect... It's not just a matter of counting the existing off-topic posts, but also the ones (never written) that would have been written to get easy +1's... The incentive to post would be much stronger and the posts even more numerous than today's off-topic forum contains...

Imagine short replies on whatever subject available... You'd easily get down 50 - 100 posts a day... Perhaps someone in this thread already has that rate, but that only strengthens my argument...

Possible, counter-acting forces would (initially) be the following two (at least as I perceived Apolyton back then):

i) The posters' innocence in the beginning... People wrote about Civ 2 to discuss the game, not to get a high postcount... Posts would be quite long, easy +5's today... It was not the same cynic stock of posters as we have today...

ii) Off-topic was really looked down upon back then... Apolyton was all about Civ... Why would people come here to post about something else? Losers! After a while people got tired of Civ 2 and moved on to off-topic and other fora (which were created as time passed)...

On the other hand, today's posters (or posting mentality) coupled with off-topic posts counting... Can you spell d-e-i-t-y? (I know, most people here can't... )

BTW, I believe only Theban is a more frequent spelling error than diety here at Apolyton... It's just the way it is; two classics...

Carolus
              Last edited by Carolus Rex; May 31, 2005, 18:29.

Comment

• To illustrate my point...

How often do we write posts as long (or longer) as my previous one these days?

How often do we write really short ones?

Check this thread...

Would be interesting (yeah CR, you geek! ) to know how big a change there has been in posting style/length over the years...

Carolus

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Can you spell d-e-i-t-y?

BTW, I believe only Theban is a more frequent spelling error than diety here at Apolyton... It's just the way it is; two classics...
                  A side-note: diety gave birth to quite a few easy +1's... The urge to correct this error seemed to be immense... Already the postcount seed was growing...

Carolus

Comment

• Triple posting should result in an auto 10% PCR.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                      Triple posting should result in an auto 10% PCR.
                      it got me 3 days travelling between Solver-Hall and Mingapulco

three is a bit excessive in a row
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

Triple posting should result in an auto 10% PCR.
                        People often confuse spam with writing multiple posts in a row...

Maybe the one above was a border case, but often (my) multiple posts quote different people or they contain thoughts I didn't think of when posting the first one. They're not spam just because noone else posted in between them...

Interesting that an emperor that registered in january 2003 accuses a king that's been around since the start of Apolyton of spamming...

Carolus

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

it got me 3 days travelling between Solver-Hall and Mingapulco
                          I'm proud to say that (knock on wood) I've never been punished in any way during my time here. No pcr's, no account restrictions, nothing. That's what happens when you're a boring conformist...

There was one time, however, when I was falsely accused of creating a double log-in... At the time that was considered a really bad thing to do...

My girlfriend back then and I used to call each other "Piglet" and stuff like that... Once she was at my office and browsed the off-topic forum... She stumbled upon a thread talking about pigs... That made her create a log-in (Piggly-Wiggly, Piglet or something like that) and she jumped into the discussion... She had long wanted to join Apolyton, but was a little bit shy to get started... A discussion about pigs was the ice-breaker she had been looking for...

People found it suspicious that a poster with that name (and created the same day as the thread was started) had her first post in a thread with that subject and reported her...

Someone checked her IP and found it was identical to mine... Ming hang me out in a special thread announcing the creation of a double log-in by me (standard policy back then, I think)...

Sten Sture and another Apolytoner called Bird stood by me, refusing to believe I had done such a horrible thing (thanks guys!)... We were MP buddies (I played my first MP ever with Sten, and soon after we played with Bird as well)...

The reason we had identical IP's was that my department gave all computers the same IP, I think.

I completely freaked out when I couldn't post at home and found the thread accusing me of the DL... E-mailed a long explanation to Ming to, ehrm, clear my name... Embarrassing to admit it, but it was really important to me...

They checked my story, reopened my account and made a public apology in the off-topic forum... Ming said people at the off-topic would think better of me after the incident...

04.00 AM over here in Sweden... Good night (and may my account still be open later today )!

Carolus
                          Last edited by Carolus Rex; June 1, 2005, 08:04.

Comment

• i unfortunatly have had little to do with most people interviewed so far, so the interview feature has not held my interest.

perhaps if we had a secondary interviewer interviewing others it may create a wider audience for the interview feature
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• It seems the simplest way to add posts is endlessly post your pics on the Community Forum (they get +1, no?)

I got to warlord in less than a week, then in about a couple of months to Prince. Then it took about 2 years more tobarely make King.

Its good to be a King
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• lots of ways to do it ..

1. Join a PBEM game
                                2. Play a Diplo Game
                                3. Play a succesion game
                                4. Rant and rave in AC Forum
                                5. Post picctures and discuss the pictures.
                                6. SPAMMMMMM

I obviosuly stick to all 6 methods !@!!!!!
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X