No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Monday is here, and it looks like we have a full 25% turnover in head coaching jobs this year:

Click image for larger version

Name:	NFL Black Monday 2018.png
Views:	37
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	9369764
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• In every case, I feel like I could have achieved their same record if I had been the head coach instead.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I think the Jets actually outperformed their talent level, but otherwise, I tend to agree.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• So many open jobs *sigh*
          I'd hate the bears to lose the DC to one of them but it will probably be inevitable.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Chargers win, Indy wins. Chargers join a very select number of teams with 8 road wins in a season. Giants have the record at 10-1 in 2007.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Oh my. Bears lose.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Is Parkey the guy who hit the uprights 3 times in 1 game?
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Yep. At least this is probably his last kick with the Bears
                  ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I mean, I've seen Kaeding's three FG misses against the Jets to lose. But a double deflection off both posts? We're gonna be seeing that clip forever.

Comment

• "Parkey" is now a verb.
                      Unbelievable to see him Parkey another one.
                      Way to Parkey yourself out of town.

Comment

• Of course, he was right down the center with the one as they took a time out. Great drive to get them in position for the win, spoiled by a double bounce the wrong way. Will they let him go (probably) and will they re-sign Robbie Gould who is a free agent (maybe)? They probably need to go and do some humble pie with him.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why would the 49ers let him go?

• Nick Foles is surrounded by magic

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          One sportswriter wrote that he pooped horseshoes.

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        "Parkey" is now a verb.
                        Unbelievable to see him Parkey another one.
                        Way to Parkey yourself out of town.
                        Most likely out of football. Someone is going to have to be reallllllyyyyyy desperate.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He's got the talent. He'll be one of those guys who gets signed mid-season after an injury.

Comment

• Ironically, Goulds deal with the 49ers last year was 2 years for $4million. This year, Parkey signed at 4 years for $15 million.

Comment

Working...
                            X