NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick follow-up:

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels' agent, Bob LaMonte, has terminated his relationship with McDaniels after he decided to bail on the Colts' job.
    Typically, the player/coach is the one who fires the agent; not the other way around. But LaMonte also represents Colts GM Chris Ballard and a number of other coaches and executives.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• From an article by John Mullin today:

"Whispers are that the Bears and Miami Dolphins have had conversations about the Dolphins sending wide receiver Jarvis Landry and a third-round pick to the Bears in exchange for Howard and a swap of the Dolphins pick at No. 11 overall for the Bears’ at No. 8."

Not sure I like this idea. I have seen further reports saying this isn't true. They should be able to find a quality WR in draft or in FA.

Comment

• That looks like an idea being floated/leaked to gauge fan reaction.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• We need a wideout that can stretch the defense. Landry is a fine receiver but can not do that. I also don't want to tie up 60 million over 4 years on him. I have no problem trading howard while his value is high, but let's get draft picks. I'm sure we can find a running back that can actually catch the ball out of the backfield. Of course we wouldn't need the extra draft picks as much if we hadn't traded them away to move up ONE Stinking slot last year.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            I have no problem trading howard while his value is high, but let's get draft picks. I'm sure we can find a running back that can actually catch the ball out of the backfield.
            Isn't that Cohen?
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• The classic West Coast scheme has one RB who does both - think Marshall Faulk and Edgerrin James.
              Cohen is too small to be a load back, and Howard has piled up 14 drops in his first 2 seasons.
              Unsurprising that Nagy considers that to be a bit of a red flag.

Comment

• WR Allen Robinson and TE Trey Burton expected to sign with Bears tomorrow.

Comment

• We need a 2018 season thread.

Love the signings; now the Beloved don't need to reach for a WR at #8 in the draft.

Comment

• I hope they do sign them. I'd rather they take someone to protect their new fearless leader but their pick is usually considered to high for that so they'll probably take someone on defense.
                    I'd rather have the O lineman. WHERE"S THE BEEF?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      We need a 2018 season thread.
                      So someone just edited the title thread?

I wasn't surprised Bears matched Packers offer for Fuller but was that they did it in just a couple of hours rather than leaving the Packers hanging with money possibly committed to him. Speculation is that Bears wanted Fuller to know how much they really wanted him (but couldn't they have told him and have him not say anything?), or is that against the rules. We will see how these moves work out. They are meeting their needs but most of it depends on the QB. Problem is no matter how much they improve they are still in one of the strongest divisions.

Comment

• I really liked the Bears first round pick and most pundits do as well. Getting a center in 2nd round surprised me but they will move Whitehair to guard and helping O-line is always good. Just thought they would go WR or a pass rusher esp. with Landry still on the board.

Update:

They trade up using a 2nd next year and one of their two fours this year to trade up for a WR. Hopefully, hw will fit in well. Pacw said in pressy that OL will play at guard but also learn center. They still need a pass rusher.
                        Last edited by Demonbinder; April 27, 2018, 23:52.

Comment

• Bears trade for Khalil Mack giving up two first round picks for him, but still think that is a great trade. It will really bolster their defense, esp. pass rush. I heard this last night on the way home from MGuth's and was hoping it would happen,

"The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019, the source said. In addition to Mack, Chicago also gets a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...akland-raiders

Comment

• Yeah, on the surface it looks good and should make the defense even better. But those draft picks better be in the high teens or later or it will end up looking not so good.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't agree with the folks saying this makes the Bears a playoff team, but I do appreciate having a GM with the balls to go for it.

Comment

• The Bears will be as good as their QB. Mack will be transformative for the defense. The downside is that these are the cards they play for a couple of years. I don't expect the playoffs this season, but 2019-20 is very reasonable. At that point, it becomes trying to win the division.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X