No announcement yet.

NFL 2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the NFC East looks like it'll be won by a 9-win team.

Philly looked horrible today. Brutal injuries to Dallas, but at least they start with a pair of wins.
    Bet they wish they had DeMarco now.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Bears secondary doesn't know how to turn their head and they always seem to be a step or two behind. When you have a football length to go what do you do? ALL TOGETHER NOW - QB SNEAK!!! But not if you are the Bears. Then you hand it off behind line of scrimmage and try to get three yards. Plus they still don't have a pass rush.

Once again, Cutler throws a pick (BTW, does anyone believe the hamstring injury? Ha Ha) and it doesn't seem to matter if he is playing well or not. He just seems to have to throw at least one per game.

Starting to hope for worst record in league so they can have first pick.

Comment

• Yes, because all their previous first round picks have worked out so well.

While I don't want to make excuses, playing in the defensive backfield is a heck of a lot easier if you get ANY pressure on the QB.

And as bad as we know Cutler is, we've seen the current alternative and it's actually much worse.
        I can blame management for this situation. It's not like they didn't know that Cutler would fail or get hurt. (if they didn't know, things are even worse than I thought)
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Philly looked horrible today. Brutal injuries to Dallas, but at least they start with a pair of wins.
          Doubtful.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, the NFC East looks like it'll be won by a 9-win team.

Who?

He of 21 carries for 11 yds in 2 games?

He who has the worst two game start of any RB in the past 55 years?

Eagles fans want Chip Kelly gone. The consensus is that was the worst offensive performance by an Eagles team since the Ray Rhodes/Bobby Hoying era.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• All I'm saying is that they lost their QB and WR1, so it might be nice to have DeMarco to carry the load - which, behind that O-line, he could. Hell, they're making Run-DMC look like a serviceable RB.

As for the Iggles, while that certainly was a horrific offensive display yesterday, I'm pretty sure that blocking Sean Lee would be a lot more productive than firing the coach. The O-line was terrible in both phases, causing Bradford and Murray to look even worse than they actually were.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

As for the Iggles, while that certainly was a horrific offensive display yesterday, I'm pretty sure that blocking Sean Lee would be a lot more productive than firing the coach. The O-line was terrible in both phases, causing Bradford and Murray to look even worse than they actually were.
                  But yes, you're right. The O-line is terrible. But Chip Kelly gutted that, too, getting rid of two guards: 2x Pro Bowler Evan Mathis and 10 year veteran Todd Herremans.

Chip's done this to himself.

Comment

• Several of his offseason moves were, shall we say, a singular vision for the future. And by singular, I mean Chip was probably the ONLY person who thought some of these moves were a good idea.

Like trading for a QB with major injury history.
                    Like trading an All-Pro RB for a talented young LB - but one coming off surgery.
                    Like signing signing DeMarco Murray to a 5-year deal after saying Shady's "cap hit was too high."
                    And that doesn't even touch on dumping two quality WRs, two experienced guards, a Pro Bowl DE (Cole), and half the defensive backfield.

At first I thought it was all about salary cap, but after he signed big contracts with Murray and a couple of DBs, it looks more like Kelly was just dumping all the Andy Reid players.

Comment

• A man is entitled to succeed or fail with his own people. While we should wait to pass final judgement, I have no problems if we start laughing now.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Eagles signed Murray, knowing he was run into the ground last year. He's also no kid.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I think the signing was a panic move. Chip wanted Frank Gore. They had an agreement. Then Gore changed his mind and signed with Indy.

Fun fact: Both DeMarco and Shady are making $8 million/year on 5 year deals. This is not going to help the market value of second-contract RBs.

Comment

• Chris Johnson should have destroyed the market value of second-contract RBs

Comment

• And yet DeMarco and Shady both got paid. Guarantees are $26 and $21 million, respectively.
                                Not Dez Bryant money, but not chicken feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X